Tinnitus

I'm surprised you didn't notice, couldn't feel it was blocked. I've only suffered an intermittent blocked ear once, but it was very noticeable at the time.

No I never noticed other than my doctor told me it was blocked.

I'm confident that this will be the cure of the Tinnitus. I'll see tonight when it's been prominent. I think my blood pressure will be fine.

Sponsored Links
I have almost constant loud Tinnitus, even now it's louder than anything else.
I do not have an ear full of wax, I know this because I have a otoscope, one of those very small camera's on a stick that you gently put in the ear and you get to see/take a poor quality picture or even video if you want (only about £30 on Amazon).
Very useful for finding problems elsewhere, for instance I also know I have a nasal polyp - don't ask how :)

It is absolutely perverse that I can "hear" high pitched sounds inside my head that I know I cannot possibly hear as I am profoundly deaf to higher frequencies.

Sponsored Links
I do not have an ear full of wax, I know this because I have a otoscope, one of those very small camera's on a stick that you gently put in the ear and you get to see/take a poor quality picture or even video if you want (only about £30 on Amazon).
Very useful for finding problems elsewhere, for instance I also know I have a nasal polyp - don't ask how :)

Are those cameras any good?

I found a cracked filling with mine. ;)

Lack of sleep is a major aggravator for me. I've had scans and whatnot on Bupa. It's popular to blame caffeine but I don't think there's much science behind that.
Something you might have is heart "palpitations". I do and the two combine. Mostly they're common, harmless arrythmia. Your heart misses a proper beat and then puts in a slightly bigger one, and you start to hear and feel it and it modulates tinnitus. When it's bad, you can feel the unevenness when taking your pulse at your wrist. I have a phone app which shows it clearly, too.

Olive oil was the trad remedy for wax. It dissolves it then you can wash it out.
Ear wax is a slight irritant. I wuz told there are people it does annoy, and the rest. If you use a biro top or a hair grip, you tend to scratch the skin so any ear wax irritates more, so you dig more, etc etc. Anything like uncoated metal is worst - it carries pathogens. So don't use a 3 inch 10, unless you have plastic ones ;)

Last edited:
Most definitely a better night without tye thumping in my ear once this was removed.

20240311_091620.jpg

But I don't think the sound has entirely gone so ill need to monitor it. But my ears are very clear now.

Are those cameras any good?
Generally low quality but enough for you to see what's in the places you cannot put your elbow :)
Edit: Just looked on Amazon and they are upto 1080p now.

I bought mine from Boots but they are cheaper on eBay now. Just for looking really - I’m having a professional microsuction tomorrow.

IMG_6183.png

I bought mine from Boots but they are cheaper on eBay now. Just for looking really - I’m having a professional microsuction tomorrow.

View attachment 336341

I had that procedure done several years ago. Hurt like hell for me! Felt like they were sucking the skin off of the inside of my ear!!!

I had that procedure done several years ago. Hurt like hell for me! Felt like they were sucking the skin off of the inside of my ear!!!
I’ve had it done three times. It’s like a little tickle inside your ear. Very pleasurable I thought.

That's the same as mine Mottie, the scoops on the end are hellishly expensive.
So I no longer try using those and just use the thing to see what's up in there.

I may get some flexible filament and print some new scoops though :)

That's the same as mine Mottie, the scoops on the end are hellishly expensive.
So I no longer try using those and just use the thing to see what's up in there.
Why do you need to buy more scoops? I'm still on my original scoop with one unused spare. Mind you, I’m not that good at scooping so I tend to use it the same as you and just use it for a little looksie. I’ll be glad to get my microsuction done today - I’ve been putting drops in and I’m getting this ‘orrible squelching when I lay my head on the pillow at night.

I’ve just cancelled my appointment. They wanted me to sign a disclaimer:

IMG_6197.jpeg

That and the fact that I 'may' be getting a trainee audiologist had turned me off of them. I’ve had it done three times before with no trouble and without signing disclaimers.

Sponsored Links
Back