Tony Blair is now Sir Tony.

Starmer likes Blair ;) and is moving the party away from the fruit cakes that took over during the corbyn fiasco :ROFLMAO:

As far as the Iraq caper is concerned it would have been better for the west if saddam had been left in power imo

it was all a dogs breakfast

Sponsored Links
The queen should have absolutely no say in it or any powers to delegate. She has no democratic mandate whatsoever.
And yet she does...

No democratic mandate is not the same as the monarchy 'approving' or not parliamentary decisions!

Only a 'banana republic' would give a war criminal it's highest honour (n)

I'm pleased to hear you support Saddam, the dictator that gassed his own people
Saddam (found guilty of the murder of 148 people) vs extremist insurgents, civil war, The Taliban, widespread corruption ......
Even today terrorism, kidnapping, armed conflict, civil unrest............

Sponsored Links
I was on the fence as regards Gulf war 2, but I do wonder how the world would look if Saddam was still in power, or if he snuffed it & the boys took over, on balance maybe it was the right thing to do

Blair was put into a very difficult situation, Saddam was threatening us with WMD and the Iraq regime was leaking secrets that showed they they possibly could have these weapons. How would Blair of looked if he had called Saddam's bluff and something like a dirty bomb was detonated in central London ? Yes Blair got it wrong on the WMD, but that mistake was by far the lesser of the two evils as far as we are concerned.

Blair was a good leader for many years, he was neither left nor right and he brought the nation together on many things. Sadly our politics is too divisive now and its tearing our wonderful country apart. We desperately need rid of Boris

Praising Blair for such things as pension increases is akin to praising Hitler for autobahns and Volkswagens. I realise this point was made earlier but it's worth repeating because it is so true and pertinent.

The main thing Blair did was to flood Britain with foreigners, many of them savages completely unsuitable for peaceful, ordinary British life.

Blair is responsible for inflicting the likes of Marian Caliman upon poor, innocent Faye from Nottinghamshire.

Mother of woman who was killed by estranged husband said she encouraged them to stay friends | Daily Mail Online

Caliman was a Romanian good at tiling and brickwork.

Yes Blair got it wrong on the WMD, but that mistake was by far the lesser of the two evils as far as we are concerned.
I wonder if the families of hundreds of thousands who died (and those who continue to die) think his 'mistake' was the lesser of two evils? :rolleyes:

And I wonder what Dr Kelly was thinking as he met his end?

Tony Blair

reduced child poverty
Reduced pensioner poverty
Lowered NHS waiting times
Reduced class sizes
Increased number of police
Introduced minimum wage
Grew the economy more than Tory scum

Tories in last decade have

Forced a decade of austerity where the top earners have substantially increased their wealth whilst poorest have stagnated.
Pushed more and more people into food poverty (yes people starving)
Caused a housing crisis
Cut police employees by 43,000
Cut social services to breaking point
Cut criminal system by almost 40%
Enacted Brexit: the greatest economic damage of a generation

I’m no fan of Blair at all but he did a lot of good for this country.
In his desperation to be President of the EU did not apply the restrictions to the migration of peoples from the ' New Eight' countries that raised the demand for the referendum on remaining/leaving the EU.
That did more long term damage to the UK than any other government before.

Praising Blair for such things as pension increases is akin to praising Hitler for autobahns and Volkswagens. I realise this point was made earlier but it's worth repeating because it is so true and pertinent.

The main thing Blair did was to flood Britain with foreigners, many of them savages completely unsuitable for peaceful, ordinary British life.

Blair is responsible for inflicting the likes of Marian Caliman upon poor, innocent Faye from Nottinghamshire.

Mother of woman who was killed by estranged husband said she encouraged them to stay friends | Daily Mail Online

Caliman was a Romanian good at tiling and brickwork.
Some indigenous people are just pig ignorant.
It drives their racist attitude. They're unable to see it in themselves.

In his desperation to be President of the EU did not apply the restrictions to the migration of peoples from the ' New Eight' countries that raised the demand for the referendum on remaining/leaving the EU.
What kind of long term damage to the UK was caused by immigration?
Vikings, Romans, Normans? They were invaders. You are probably one of their descendants.
British Empire citizens in the 20 Century? Europeans in the 21st Century? They were fully entitled to move to UK, and around Europe, for work, as they wished. It was their birth right.
But some indigenous British people (probable descendants of invaders) still cling to the notion that foreigners must be made to feel unwelcome.
UK would be a much poorer place without immigrants.

I fail to see how the 2 are connected.
many other EU nations imposed transitional arrangements.

If you are interested in facts, the reality is EU workers were an overall benefit to the UK.

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac....s/the-fiscal-impact-of-immigration-in-the-uk/

Government data shows that EEA nationals pay more in income taxes and national insurance contributions than they receive in tax credits and child benefit”

brexit has meant an exodus of workers.

your Brexit vote means crops rotting in fields, pigs having to be shot…..and thus more reliance on the EU.

oh and the govt is now having to encourage more migrants to work here, so we get thousands and thousands of people from Asia instead of EU workers.

Sponsored Links
Back