Tory candidates debate.......

Do you think it’s better to tell everyone we will stay indefinitely until we get the right deal?

Do you think it's better to tell everyone something that isn't true, and you know isn't true, because you want to trick some nutters into voting to give you a job?

A liar can promise the impossible.

But he can't deliver it.

Sponsored Links
Do you think it's better to tell everyone something that isn't true, and you know isn't true, because you want to trick some nutters into voting to give you a job?

A liar can promise the impossible.

But he can't deliver it.

Thats a politicians dilemma.

Tory voters are mostly leave, so Tory MPs have to state the narrative of 'we will leave by 31st Oct' and are therefore voting for a leader candidate who is tellibg them that.

Unfortunately leavers that have been complaining Brexit hasnt happened because a remainer has been in charge will rather run out steam when Boris gets in and cant make it happen.

until we get the right deal?

The EU has said that negotiations are over. The only deals we agreed were rejected by government. So it is either remain, or no deal brexit.
The big question is, will the government risk a no deal brexit, and the backlash it will cause?

The EU has said that negotiations are over. The only deals we agreed were rejected by government. So it is either remain, or no deal brexit.
The big question is, will the government risk a no deal brexit, and the backlash it will cause?

The EU have been planning hard for a no deal, so it probably wont cause them much pain.

The UK.......... oh dear :eek:

Sponsored Links
As a commentator said:

"All the remaining candidates believe a new Brexit Withdrawal Agreement can be agreed by October 31 or soon after. But, as Mr Stewart pointed out, there is no way this can happen in time, given political calendars in London and Brussels.

All the candidates want to reopen the Withdrawal Agreement and revisit the Irish backstop. But the EU has flatly said no to this.

They entertain the possibility that Britain might end up with a no-deal Brexit. But they downplay the huge damage that this would do to the UK economy and the fact that the Commons would probably block it anyway.

They continue to make lavish promises about tax cuts and increased public spending. But none recognises that a no-deal Brexit would savage these tax and spending plans — and is therefore not credible, even as a negotiating tactic."

By James Blitz
June 20, 2019

Shall we just stay in then?
That's the only sensible option...

The problem is that those behind the leave campaign stand to gain immensely and will fight tooth and nail for their ill gotten gains!

Shall we just stay in then?

We should take the option that's best for the country. No-deal and Theresa's deal are both worse than we currently have.

For some reason the hardline Brextremists want a no-deal catastrophe, even if the country is poorer and the UK breaks up.

I wouldn't call that "best for the country"

When we see a plan that is better for us than staying in, it will warrant serious debate.

So far we haven't.

Don't you want the option that's best for the country?

We should take the option that's best for the country. No-deal and Theresa's deal are both worse than we currently have.

For some reason the hardline Brextremists want a no-deal catastrophe, even if the country is poorer and the UK breaks up.

I wouldn't call that "best for the country"

When we see a plan that is better for us than staying in, it will warrant serious debate.

So far we haven't.

But since quitters claim that 'leave means leave' (and by their own admission they are happy to see the UK suffer untold consequences in order to 'leave'), then there is only one conclusion we can make...

Quitters cannot be reasoned with, and in the future history will label them as traitors to our country!

There's more to life than money :cool: we may all go down the collective toilet economically

But hey ho ***t happens ;)

Society will.collapse ;) but some of us are born leaders :cool: and our time is fast approaching ;)

Come the 1st of November a chant will be heard up and down the country

In the words of that old spiritual it will.be

Free at last thank god almighty we are free at last

Any way I will.be off to my mother's :LOL:

According to you - what option is that?

personally I don't care if we leave or remain any more. I don't think we should leave without a deal on the 31st of October, I think if that is a strategy we should cancel A50 and plan no-deal properly and re-serve notice. Either that or do a Hungry and pick and choose the rules you obey.

When the Quitters tell me what the benefits of leaving are, I'll evaluate them.

Have they told you?

Apart from "easiest deal in history;" "EU is obliged to give us a deal;" "we hold all the cards" and "£350m a week for the NHS," all of which were lies.

All the options we've seen so far are worse than staying in. So of course I prefer staying in.

Do you know of an option that is better?

Why would you want to choose an option that is worse than you've got?

How do we address the weaknesses of staying in? Fix that and you've got everyone on side.

Sponsored Links
Back