Tory party to change back to imperial measurements

I must admit I have missed your go for it posts and name calling :)
Well there are about 1700 dating back a year for you to read.

Cant promise that they all contain name-calling though.

Sponsored Links
I am conversant in both but have always preferred imperial in most.
When designing printed circuit boards I preferred using thou as the numbers are single and smaller than metric.
Now in panel making I prefer inches and fractions of them because those ar easier to see on the ruler, I struggle seeing down to the mm.

I look forward to getting a 1/4 of something again lol

So first and foremost, I apologise for saying that what you wrote was nonsense
apologies likewise -I responded without checking the post stream.......it transpires I was making the same point as you!

I'll go and shout at Vinty on this one (y)

Sponsored Links
I am conversant in both but have always preferred imperial in most.
When designing printed circuit boards I preferred using thou as the numbers are single and smaller than metric.
Now in panel making I prefer inches and fractions of them because those ar easier to see on the ruler, I struggle seeing down to the mm.

Im guessing you are making one offs -as I would guess circuit boards these days are direct from CAD to machine

I think its sad boards are mostly surface mount and rendering them impossible / cost prohibitive to repair

Although I'm no longer in that job, it was either board runs in the hundreds of thousands or only a few - depending upon the project.
Some were still PTH rather than SMT but yes most these days will be SMT due to the lower manufacturing costs.
I no longer care - I have a new life now :)

They arent smaller than microns.

Once you go past 16ths youve gone less than 1mm.

Toffees?

f348b1b64c3239abf59b1f194df84161.jpg

apologies likewise -I responded without checking the post stream.......it transpires I was making the same point as you!

I'll go and shout at Vinty on this one (y)
Vinty was making the same point....

Have I stumbled into some parallel universe? :whistle:
Dunno.

The one I live in contains people who are civilised enough, honest enough, and man enough, to admit to their mistakes and apologise for them.

It also, sadly, contains sub-standard beings who would never dream of doing that, so weak and insecure are they.

Whats yours like?

I build roofs (Trig'), set out buildings (Pythag') and work out areas etc.

Could you tell me for instance how many metric block paviours I'd need for 17' 8" 3/16ths x 22' 4" 7/8ths?

Imperial, lol. Every engineers nightmare.

Hey, metric numbers work for you, I find it harder to see them on a steel ruler so imperial works better for me for a rough measurement.

Sponsored Links
Back