Tory party to change back to imperial measurements

I did.

What on earth does the question "Do you think 2.18723 x1.09361 yards is easier than 2mx1m?" have to do with anything sensible relating to a discussion of the merits of one system of weights and measures compared to anogher?
I asked a builders merchant for a 10.9361329834 yards x
1.0936 yard roll of roofing felt.
He said sorry we only have 10mx1m rolls.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I worked in oil & gas in Aussie, been fully metric for yonks but some pipe fittings were still imperial, throwback to the original US sizes I think

For a new exercise regime and the recent wet weather - We have just ordered a raincoat for the dog, that was sized in inches.

I asked a builders merchant for a 10.9361329834 yards x
1.0936 yard roll of roofing felt.
He said sorry we only have 10mx1m rolls.
IHNI what point you are trying to make there.

But the point you are succeeding in making is that you are the sort of person I described in #39.

Sponsored Links
I was replying to someone elses post.

FWIW I thought your post made perfect sense in relation to the post you were answering. In fact, I was about to do something similar until I saw that you had already responded as you did.

Tell us what sense it makes then when comparing/making arguments for-against two different systems of measurements to ask the question "Do you think 2.18723 x1.09361 yards is easier than 2mx1m?"

Sod this, I'm going for a pint.

Tell us what sense it makes then when comparing/making arguments for-against two different systems of measurements to ask the question "Do you think 2.18723 x1.09361 yards is easier than 2mx1m?"

Do you think 1828.435278061246mm x 914. 654238mm is easier than 2yards x 1 yard

Do you think 1828.435278061246mm x 914. 654238mm is easier than 2yards x 1 yard
Do you think it makes any sense to ask a question like that when comparing/making arguments for or against two different systems of measurements? Do you think there is some relevance in it? Do you have any interest in a rational examination of the relative strengths and weaknesses of the two systems?

https://www.diynot.com/diy/posts/5003311/

The old duffers on here will tell you that the '70s were a great time - as long as you were white male.

Jeez, Nosey. Does your George Hamilton permatan make you an honourary brother? You've come over all BLM. :ROFLMAO:

I'm white. I'm male. Yes, the 70s were a fantastic decade. There's always some killjoy who wants to highlight the negatives in anything. Trash a whole decade to showcase their wokeness. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back