Tory party to change back to imperial measurements

Sponsored Links
Do you think it makes any sense to ask a question like that when comparing/making arguments for or against two different systems of measurements? Do you think there is some relevance in it? Do you have any interest in a rational examination of the relative strengths and weaknesses of the two systems?

https://www.diynot.com/diy/posts/5003311/
I asked the same question as you.

So perhaps you can let me know "if it makes sense....."

Sponsored Links
Yep B A S is definitely back :ROFLMAO:

mr Angry :ROFLMAO:

tis what happens when you electrocute yer self to much :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Yes you did:

"Do you think that 1.8288m x 0.9144m is easier than 2yards x 1yard"

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...rial-measurements.573920/page-3#ixzz6zsQskgZP
So I did.

So first and foremost, I apologise for saying that what you wrote was nonsense.

But it was a misinterpretation. I knew that I hadnt asked the question for real. I knew Id quoted others writing it, and used it in criticisms of it being asked for real, as it is a ridiculous question to ask. the fact that if in two different systems when you convert one to the other you end up with multi-digit numbers which only a tiny number of peoplecan manipulate in their head says absolutely nothing about the relative merits of either system. If I buy plasterboard in a German builders merchant they wont have sheets measuring 1.22m x 2.44m. If I buy milk in France I wont find it in 568ml bottles. If we were to switch to km/h for road speeds, we wouldnt make our limit in a built-up area 48.28032 kph.

But some people seem to fail to understand that.

In a reply to Vinty saying life in the past was crap for a lot of people, EFLImpudence said that wasnt because of feet and inches, and asked “Do you think 2440 x 1220 is easier than 8 x 4?”.

To which Vinty replied “Do you think 2.18723 x1.09361 yards is easier than 2mx1m?”.

And its at this point of writing this reply that I realise that at that point I completely misunderstood Vinty, that he was doing the same as me when I asked him, rhetorically, not as a real question, “Do you think that 1.8288m x 0.9144m is easier than 2yards x 1yard?”.

So,

You still don't get it, :D

I didnt then but now I do, so I also owe an apology to him – a bigger one, as my failure to get it led to a series of fairly acerbic replies.

Sorry, Vinty.

It seems we are all (except EFLImpudence?) singing off the same song sheet, but I was holding mine upside down and back to front, so all the words the others were singing looked like rubbish to me.

And yesterday was a “:2” day, so I cant even blame the wine.

Yep B A S is definitely back :ROFLMAO:

mr Angry :ROFLMAO:

tis what happens when you electrocute yer self to much :ROFLMAO:
There are 221,060 members here.

You are going to have to pick up the pace by a huge amount if you hope to rattle through them all accusing me of being or having been another ID before you die. 1 per day, for example will take you over 605 years.

There are 221,060 members here.

You are going to have to pick up the pace by a huge amount if you hope to rattle through them all accusing me of being or having been another ID before you die. 1 per day, for example will take you over 605 years.

;);) Your secret :ROFLMAO: is safe with me ;)

incidentally it was not me who whinged previously

I must admit I have missed your go for it posts and name calling :)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back