Tory party to change back to imperial measurements

Dunno.

The one I live in contains people who are civilised enough, honest enough, and man enough, to admit to their mistakes and apologise for them.

It also, sadly, contains sub-standard beings who would never dream of doing that, so weak and insecure are they.

Whats yours like?
In real life, it's very much like yours. It's only the GD forum where I have rarely witnessed anyone admitting to their mistake and moving forwards. Here it's invariably a frantic digging reversal into a rabbit hole, with the peculiar technique of flinging all the excavated mud in the face of others, when people make mistakes.
It is refreshing when the forum resembles real life, at least in the one aspect.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I am conversant in both but have always preferred imperial in most.
When designing printed circuit boards I preferred using thou as the numbers are single and smaller than metric.
Now in panel making I prefer inches and fractions of them because those ar easier to see on the ruler, I struggle seeing down to the mm.

I look forward to getting a 1/4 of something again lol
Still partial to the odd 25 inches and three millimetres myself.

Take back control of our measurements - back British pounds and ounces and not woke lefty metric kg and metres.

I think that's all the convincing Brexxers and Tory supporters need - insert woke, left, EU or all three if you want to hammer home the point.

convincing Brexxers
They were convinced that we'd save £350 million pounds per week and that the NHS would benefit from the saving
£150 BILLION and counting.:(
Oh and we'll still be paying the EU for years.

And prices are rising weekly. Poor mottie hasn't got the foggiest.

Brexers are offended when we mention what has to happen before dUK will be trusted to re-make an alliance with the rest of Western Europe.

So let's just say it will take ten years or more.

Take back control of our measurements - back British pounds and ounces and not woke lefty metric kg and metres.

I think that's all the convincing Brexxers and Tory supporters need - insert woke, left, EU or all three if you want to hammer home the point.

No-one's bringing back pounds and ounces, they're simply decriminalising greengrocers not showing the metric equivalent if they so wish.

No-one's bringing back pounds and ounces, they're simply decriminalising greengrocers not showing the metric equivalent if they so wish.

I know. But for uncrupulous grocers they can just swap 2lbs for 1kg and pocket the difference. A pointless change for no benefit.

I should be at work but Jewsons were out of chipboard flooring. I'm off to clean the van.

Sponsored Links
Back