Under cupboard wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Great forum.
I'm adding some under cupboard lighting in the kitchen and I'm spuring off the lighting circuit to do this. The cable will be chased in the wall before I connect this to the transformer. My question is where the cable comes out of the wall do I need to use a faceplate or some sort of outlet for the cable to come out of? or do I leave it as it is - which will look unsightly.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
You don't have to, but of course, you also need to comply with the rules regarding safe zones, and if the cable isn't going to go straight into the back of a light fitting attached to the wall then it may not be immediately obvious to someone else that there's a concealed cable in the wall. In that case, using a flex outlet plate would get around the problem.

However, I would have thought that, if anything, an outlet plate look more conspicuous than the cable exiting straight out of the wall. After all, how are you going to be able to hide it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back