Unsecured turret - Boiler at risk

Well that's "Motor Mechanics" for you!!

Out of curiosity, does a Heating Engineer Repair your Car??? :evil:

Sponsored Links
Can you inspect the full length of this flue or is it concealed in the ceiling void without inspection hatches?

Looking closely it seems the turret screws may have been over tightened and distorted the plastic!

How much space would you actually need around the turret to check and eventually replace seal? I am trying to minimize the disruption/costs. Of course I know that it would be better without the Cupboard but that is not an option at this stage.

Also, is there any gas safety engineer serving London N1 on here?

Regards

M.

Sponsored Links
I do, but about to go to France.

But I really like to have the maker's recommended clearance.

Micky thinks he can do it with the cupboard in place but I expect he will not enter the M25 !

Tony

tbh i think you are lucky you got away with AR looking at those stains i'd be capping off the boiler

It's not an immediate risk! They did carry out gas analysis and ambient CO measuring and both tests were passed. The issue that the AA engineers noticed was the rust and the fact they could see some slight movement in the match's flame when put close to the turret. They wanted to tighten the screws of the turret but they did not have good access to screws and therefore marked it as at risk and left.

If the flame was flickering fumes must be escaping. So the boiler should be capped.

Mr AA man is lucky no one has had to call the 3rd emergency service.

Hi,
Can a Gas Safe registered engineer get in touch in PM?
Please look at the pictures published earlier in this post before replying.
Thanks

matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back