Useless Police..No wonder they can't catch Criminals!!

6 years ago I had a very harrowing hour on the M1, where some joy-riders in a Cavalier SRi chose my brother and I as their "target". We spent half an hour with these idiots swerving at us, pulling in front and braking, and when we tried to just hang back (surely joyriders would want to drive FAST) they pulled onto the hardshoulder and waited for us to pass. At one point they started throwing sachets of ketchup at us (makes a hell of a bang and a mess when they hit the windscreen) Several times we rang the police, and were told there was nothing they could do.

Hang on, the M1? I would think that one of the main motorways IN THE COUNTRY would have at least ONE police car within a 35-mile stretch. :rolleyes:

The fact that the driver was about 14 years old, and his passengers about 12, didn't peak their interest at all.

Sponsored Links
I'm told that if you ask who ever,s on the other end of the phone for their name you get abit more responce ? I keep forgetting so don't know if its true but dought it :cry:

It has been said before ... "Crikey officer I think they are waving a gun at us too -- HELP"
:D :D

pipme said:
It has been said before ... "Crikey officer I think they are waving a gun at us too -- HELP"
:D :D

The problem with that is that the Police will catch them, find they have no gun, then come and arrest uou for wasting Police Time as your such an easy nick!!

Sponsored Links
There is the old anecdote about telling the police not to bother now because you have shot them... allegedly that makes them show up quickly! :LOL:

I am never quite sure what to make of the Police. I wouldn't dream of getting rid of them, but I am yet to feel we are getting our moneysworth. I know several people who have been assaulted and it is always treated as a "Well, he was probably asking for it". You know, they are probably right. A small, quiet sober guy waiting at a bus stop is OBVIOUSLY going to start a fight with 6 large pi**ed-up skinheads. :rolleyes:

Or that time when I was 17 and a group of chavs were throwing bottles at us whilst the police watched. What did the police do? They shouted at us "Oi, you! Pick up those bottles!" :evil:

I am having a lot of fun with them at the moment, some s*d did a hit and run on my car in January (luckily in front of some very observant witnesses), and the police have LOST the paperwork. I have persuaded the supervisor (I don't know police ranks) to accompany the second set of forms with a cover note to expedite it, but I have a sneaking suspicion the accident team will just go "Nah, 4 months later, won't bother checking into it." :rolleyes:

About six months ago I was in a bar with some friends, having a drink before going into the cinema. A bunch of chavs started knocking 7 bells out of each other there in the bar (at 7:15 on a Tuesday night!). A rather short and stocky bouncer got in the middle of it and managed to keep them all at bay, singlehanded (boy did he do a good job of it too!), until the Police showed up. What did the Police do? "Move along, come on, move along". :rolleyes: I bet he was so chuffed that he got into the middle of a 6-chav barney and they weren't even cautioned.

Funny you should post this topic, Jim.

I was driving through a well-to-do area of South Manchester today, stopped at some lights, and watched while two dodgy geezers peer through a front window of a house, laugh at each other then make round the side to climb over the gates. So I call the switch for GMP (hands-free, of course!). Three times I ring, and let the phone ring until it gives up and still I don't gt an answer. So I very reluctantly call 112. The operator tries to call the police, but I wait a grand total of 6 minutes 38 seconds before it is answered.

Do ES calls from mobiles route differently to a land-line? I ask this because the police service I was put through to was GMP, whereas last time I had need to call 112, the call got put through to a Police call centre.

In any case, I am sure they got away before the fuzz turned up.....

Back