Vaillant EcoTec Plus 630 - No pressure - open service valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had new plumbing/CH system installed (condensing Vaillant boiler and unvented Telford Tempest cylinder)
but when I turn it on, pressure is 0 (and I get the error message 'F22'). I recall my builder saying something about draining the system so that they could change/install the radiators.

The 1st step in the user manual (which i.m.o. is far too complicated for the uninitiated) is to 'open the service valves' on the 3 pipes (heating flow, heating return & gas service) so that the screwdriver slots are in line with the pipework. The 2nd step is to 'fill the system up with water before putting the boiler into operation'.

I have no idea how to do either. I am doubly confused as I can't even see a valve on each of the 3 pipes - only 1 on the gas service pipe, not on the other two. (See this pic - CH flow pipe is on the left and gas supply is on the right)

There are also some sort of screw-like clips on the pipes-
- should i screw these instead to open the valves?

Any help muchos appreciatos as I am in dire need of a shower!

Sponsored Links
There are also some sort of screw-like clips on the pipes...

Given that comment your best option is to get the original installers back. If the system has been drained it will need refilling with inhibitor etc.

Just use the immersion heater to obtain hot water for now.

Sure thats a good idea kev ? the builders might have left a rad off somewhere, should imagine there is a reason for the system to be left empty (and the boiler switched off)

Sponsored Links
Er.. is that a fill loop? I thought only combi boilers needed a filling loop...

Am I correct that it would be connected to the CH flow and CH return valves respectively?

I do vaguely recall seeing one there in the past, but it doesn't seem to be there anymore. The plumbers seem to have removed it ?!

them isos valves are fitted incorrectly. They need turning around. As said you need to use the filling loop to refill the system. Whats it got to do with the builder? surely the qualified heating engineer who installed the boiler and unvented system would be best advising on these matters?

them isos valves are fitted incorrectly. They need turning around. As said you need to use the filling loop to refill the system.

So if I understand correctly - all I need to do is turn those 2 valves so they are facing downwards, attach a filling loop from one to the other, and hope for the best?

Sure thats a good idea kev ? the builders might have left a rad off somewhere, should imagine there is a reason for the system to be left empty (and the boiler switched off)

what and they have never heard of stop ends :?:

surely the qualified heating engineer who installed the boiler and unvented system would be best advising on these matters?

that will be the one thats suddenly vanished then :eek:

Gasguru wrote:
Just use the immersion heater to obtain hot water for now.

How do I do that? (yes - a total ignoramus here)

you could try

switching it on :idea:

kevplumb";p="1712807 said:

what and they have never heard of stop ends :?:

they cant even fit the valves on the boiler properly :eek: not so sure I would trust them to know what a stop end is.

How do I do that? (yes - a total ignoramus here)

you could try

switching it on :idea:[/quote]

Would that be the electric switch next to the cylinder up in my loft? First time I've had to deal with a heating system myself

TRaitional immersion heaters are in places like these:
Tankofboilingwater.gif

If you have an unvented /Megaflo hot water cylinder (usually white and hard) it'll be on the side.
There should be a thick flex going off to a fused spur
BG951.JPG

which may have a light on it. Turn it on.

Jesus lookin at them soldered joints poor wiring an isolation flow an return valves fitted wrongly it's gotta b a diy job surely no reg bloke would leave that'
an they snapped the door off lol

hence my comment
Quote:
surely the qualified heating engineer who installed the boiler and unvented system would be best advising on these matters?

that will be the one thats suddenly vanished then icon_eek.gif
;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back