wago connectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just been to a mate's house. He's getting a bedroom makeover done and has had some sockets moved. He wasn't happy with the job, as the sockets were not level.

Went last night and had a look. Sockets were a bit ropy, but looked at the floor were the spark had lifted them and it looked like he'd used a machete. Took one up and he had extended the ring using wagos, but had left them in free air. There were 2 circuits affected, so I put the connectors into adaptable boxes and told my mate to complain. Apparently, the 'electrician' had left thm open so they had free air circulating around them and I'm an idiot for boxing them in.

I think I did the right thing, but there is a bit of confusion regarding the status and use of wagos. Is this a scenario any of you have come across?

Sponsored Links
Clearly the other spark was an idiot. I think we've all seen it before with terminal block in free air, and Wago's make it no more acceptable.

I have used WAGO's in the past and quite liked them, however, they need to be inside an enclosure and accessable for inspection. The use described is completely inappropriate!!!!

I have used them for connecting the feed, switch and switched live for downlighters as the enclosure is far less bulky and easier to access when the fitting is removed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back