Wales becomes Trumpton

Sponsored Links
was no biggie.
Correct. Gammon Tories believe its their God given right to travel at what ever speed they feel suitable and despise being told what to do. So what if a few peasant serf children are knocked down in the process, it's more important that the big Beamer arrives 80 seconds earlier.

If there are 466,000 Tory gammons living in Wales, then Labour are doomed. What normal people actually want are sensible speed limits and fact based speed limit policies. We can all cry "think of the children" while at the same time never bothering to take a single piece of further driver training / skills refreshers etc, since we passed our driving test 30 years ago.

Sponsored Links
I can honestly say that it would not bother me if there was a 20mph limit introduced where I live, or, indeed if I lived in the country of my birth.

I can honestly say that it would not bother me if there was a 20mph limit introduced where I live, or, indeed if I lived in the country of my birth.

And I can honestly say that, if anyone thinks abiding by an arbitrary number displayed on a roadside stick doth maketh them "safe", they should hand their licence in (y)

And I can honestly say that, if anyone thinks abiding by an arbitrary number displayed on a roadside stick doth maketh them "safe", they should hand their licence in (y)
Does this imply that the gentleman takes absolutely no notice of any of the roadside sticks with "arbitrary" numbers displayed on them?

Anyhow, it's not all about making riders or drivers "safe", but pedestrians too.

I think the gentleman may feel differently if he was run over by a car travelling at 20mph as opposed to one at 30.

Does this imply that the gentleman takes absolutely no notice of any of the roadside sticks with "arbitrary" numbers displayed on them?

Quite how you got to that from what I posted, I am at a loss.

Anyhow, it's not all about making riders or drivers "safe", but pedestrians too.

I think the gentleman may feel differently if he was run over by a car travelling at 20mph as opposed to one at 30.

Quite the opposite; the "gentleman" (whoever he is, in your mind) is cossetted in the warm glow of him being a "safe" driver, fixated as he is in obeying the edicts (y)

Thanks for pointed that out :rolleyes:

But at least you're cottoning on to the fact that "safe" (in terms of arbitrary and blanket speed restriction) is neither an absolute, nor a given.

Sponsored Links
Back