Wales becomes Trumpton

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I don't mind sticking to any speed limit. But I like to think there is a point and I like to think that the lower speed limit doesn't lead to people being more distracted and concentrating less. I also like limited tax payer money to be spend on things that will work.

20 mph speed limits have seemingly little impact on crashes, casualties, driver speed

Surely part of "paying attention" is making sure you do not exceed the speed limit.

It sure is.

Problem comes when the part you spend checking the speed limit is the part you needed to see that pedestrian........

Have you ever been prosecuted for speeding?

It's not drivers ignoring the speed limit. It's the authorities.
"Had we not been in the pilot, all of our roads would have been 30mph up to 17 September 2023. However, all of our roads changed to 20mph on 28 February 2022, which means if we get caught speeding at 30mph on any of those roads, we'll be in front of a magistrate."

She is complaining that different grace periods are being given across the country therefore she can't be sure if she'll get away with 30 or not. And that's not fair. She says.

Good grief woman, drive at 20 and stay safe. Even if criminal damage is the go to for some.

1702913563367.png

The above is a road our way.

About 3/4 mile yonder, there's a retail park with a Sainsbo's, Dreams, Homesbase there.
Not the sort of places you walk to.
Just shy of that, there's some business units, haulage, industrial, whatnot.
T'other way, the A5.

Nothing either side but grass and a few trees.

Currently a 30.

In Wales, now a 20.

And if you think making it 20 would make it safer, think on: anyone who'd abide by the 20 would have already have been abiding by the 30, and were not a problem to start with....................

Not necessarily. In fact, looking at the guidance, I'd say probably stay as a 30.

And is it even justifiably a 30?

When the road just off (and behind the camera) is half the width, tree-lined with <20m visibility, yet is a NSL 60?

Not necessarily. In fact, looking at the guidance, I'd say probably stay as a 30.
A reminder that the legal change affected all restricted roads. The example given above is a restricted road. Let me know if you need help identifying how we are able to tell.

A reminder that the legal change affected all restricted roads. The example given above is a restricted road. Let me know if you need help identifying how we are able to tell.
A reminder again, that your beef seems to be with a point of law.
Yes, the limit on all restricted roads was reduced to 20.
But, of those roads that were opted out, there was not one second of time when the road became 20 and then became 30 again.
So for all practical purposes, roads that were opted out, remained at 30.

Sponsored Links
Back