Wales becomes Trumpton

I think its a bit of what about me syndrome.

I see Khan's team have racked up 430,000 air miles since taking office. How can the mayor of London and his team who live in London need to fly anywhere?
Standard practise to see how other cities of a similar size do things, what they use, how they organise, etc.
There isn't a comparable city in UK.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
seems to be very popular with the people of Wales...

oh no wait... 100k+ say scrap it. I reckon it will be 300k by the end of week

When the signage that does exist but has been damaged by vandals/criminals, I suspect that there is an argument that the limit is enforcable.
Otherwise I could vandalise a sign after exceeding the limit, and claim that the signage was already damaged.
I would say so. I live in a new 20mph zone. I start my car and drive away - I have to know I'm in the 20 zone, whether there is a damaged sign or not!
My whole journey might be within the zone and I may never see a sign :)

seems to be very popular with the people of Wales...

oh no wait... 100k+ say scrap it. I reckon it will be 300k by the end of week
The population of Wales is over 3,000,000.
I don't suppose 10% will have much effect.

When you wrote the thread title, I think you meant Pontypandy, not Trumpton.

The population of Wales is over 3,000,000.
I don't suppose 10% will have much effect.
Well it’s 130k this morning and there aren’t 3m voters in wales. I suspect a 10-12% shift in voting would make a difference

Well it’s 130k this morning and there aren’t 3m voters in wales. I suspect a 10-12% shift in voting would make a difference
How many voters are there in Wales?
And is the petition limited to just Welsh voters? :rolleyes:
So, say, 1,500,000 voters in Wales, and 100.000 of the petition signatories are not living in Wales?
Where does that get you?

why don’t you model the swing and work it out for yourself. Welsh labour are not on a massive, safe majority

As I said in my previous post on this subject, "when starmer gets in the idiocy will apply to the whole country."

People in the main don't object to changes when they're reasonable. Up from me we have a stretch of B road, national limit. No buildings at all. Tress and verge one side, path the other that's set back from the road although no barrier. If that road was reduced to 40 folk would no doubt moan a bit however 40s not (in the scenario of that road) ridiculous. However if it was reduced to 30 or 20, to me that would be ridiculous for that particular road.

Sponsored Links
Back