Warmsure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have been approached about a job as a service engineer with Warmsure who i believe are part of the Ideal group.
I am currently the service engineer for a local housing association (part of a very small company who sub contracts) and have been in the game for about 2 years, having qualified after leaving the Army. So this would be my first jump from one job to another so i don't want to do it blind.
I am hoping to "progress" onto the breakdown side once i have more experience. So if there is anyone who works for Warmsure or knows anything about them any information would be very much appreciated.
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
hello, i work for ideal, and have for many years, if you feel that you are good enough and have the experience on fault finding then yes give it a go, warmsure is a relativly new company created by eaga and ideal boilers, if your looking for a carear in servicing and breakdowns then working for a major company is never a bad idea! the training staff down at ideal/warmsure will give you the relavent product training, but the real test is out in the field, but like i said if you feel confident in your ability as an engineer, then my advice is apply, what have you got to loose, you may find it was best decision you made, if not least you gained experience on the boilers and process of fault finding correctly.

my local ideal engineer comes from Swindon!(70+miles away) but that said he is the most helpful manufacturers engineer i know and is always happy so i think that is a good recommendation

Ideal engineers my way are good too, pity about the products and Hull back up, apart from Dave Kemp who is THE MAN ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the Info.
That makes me feel easier if they infact a part of a large well established company.
Thanks again.

Considering they fit mainly icos and isars i would imagine you will be pretty busy on the repair front, was informed yeterday BG have took them off the sales list yet again due to the horrendous breakdown rate.

Amazing how just about every install they do comes to £2700 or more, can`t be anything to do with the fact that the grant is £2700 have yet to see trv`s fitted on one and there was i thinking it was to do with energy conservation

namsag said:
Considering they fit mainly icos and isars i would imagine you will be pretty busy on the repair front, was informed yeterday BG have took them off the sales list yet again due to the horrendous breakdown rate.

Amazing how just about every install they do comes to £2700 or more, can`t be anything to do with the fact that the grant is £2700 have yet to see trv`s fitted on one and there was i thinking it was to do with energy conservation

erm.... i dont thinks so mate as my father works for bg and is very very high up in the company so what you said is complete bullshit, so please before typing your nonsense get your facts right!!!!!! and the failure rate on and isar/icos is 97% which actually beats worcestor bosch so stfu idiot, if your gonna post on here please either be constructive or dont bother!!

the.ideal.man said:
the failure rate on isar/icos is 97% which actually beats worcestor bosch

Even Worcesters probably only have a failure rate of less than 5% in the first year.

Mehran says that Biasi boilers have a failure rate of less than 1% which is pretty low.

So if ideal are as high as 97% then its not surprising that BG would be expected to pull them from their installation list.

I fitted 7 Icos/Isars when they first came out and between them they consumed 8 PCBs in the first two years.

Tony

Agile said:
the.ideal.man said:
the failure rate on isar/icos is 97% which actually beats worcestor bosch

Even Worcesters probably only have a failure rate of less than 5% in the first year.

Mehran says that Biasi boilers have a failure rate of less than 1% which is pretty low.

So if ideal are as high as 97% then its not surprising that BG would be expected to pull them from their installation list.

I fitted 7 Icos/Isars when they first came out and between them they .

well you didnt wire them correctly or they were the old m series!!!!

Tony
yeah right whatever mate!!!! i noticed you said that when they first came out....6years ago you tit a lot has changed since them mate, we now have the HE range which is a better boiler!

IF you have a failure rate of 97% percent what are you boasting about that means 3% of your boilers are ok. Or if you didnt mean this know wonder Ideal have problem with there boilers if thi i the intelligengence of there employees.
So are you saying BG have never took thenm off sale list . guy who told me they are back off list works on midland patch.... wHO IS YOUR DAD AND WHAT AREAS DOES HE COVER AND IF HE IS HIGH UP I WILL KNOW HIM.

namsag said:
IF you have a failure rate of 97% percent what are you boasting about that means 3% of your boilers are ok. Or if you didnt mean this know wonder Ideal have problem with there boilers if thi i the intelligengence of there employees.
So are you saying BG have never took thenm off sale list . guy who told me they are back off list works on midland patch.... wHO IS YOUR DAD AND WHAT AREAS DOES HE COVER AND IF HE IS HIGH UP I WILL KNOW HIM.

his surname is NORTH and he runs things up here in yorkshire!!! oh and my mistake was the sucess rate was 97% and failure rate of 3%, sorry for the typing error!

oN WHAT SIDE. was he. i take it he got you a job on the board as a boy cause no one else would take you... Well my mate was top kiddy in leeds till he retired 2 months ago he is back from holiday tommorrow i will ask him if he knew him cause his name rings no bells with me and i know most of the good high up guys;

SO ideal have never been took off sale list then or do you choose to ignore.

Tell me how you have come by those success figures . I await for an intelligent answer

namsag said:
oN WHAT SIDE. was he. i take it he got you a job on the board as a boy cause no one else would take you... Well my mate was top kiddy in leeds till he retired 2 months ago he is back from holiday tommorrow i will ask him if he knew him cause his name rings no bells with me and i know most of the good high up guys;

SO ideal have never been took off sale list then or do you choose to ignore.

no my ****ing dad did not get me the jod, i have worked at ideal boilers as an engineer for years, which i got on my own right and i went to a brand new isar installation yesterday fitted by bg, which surprisingly enough was an isar HE30, so that pretty much destroys your therory!

And pretty f#cks up yours cause it was obviously broke ... you are a half wit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back