Week 30 of the Yellow Vests Protest

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the thread title stars its week 30.

I will try to copy and paste a link to the live Paris protesters as you will not get much of this on the BBC

Tim

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The movement is motivated by rising fuel prices, a high cost of living; it claims that a disproportionate burden of the government's tax reforms were falling on the working and middle classes,[65][66][67] especially in rural and peri-urban areas.[26][68] The protesters have called for lower fuel taxes, a reintroduction of the solidarity tax on wealth, a minimum-wage increase, the implementation of Citizens' initiative referendums,[36] as well as the resignations of President Emmanuel Macron and the Second Philippe government

It seems the protests are anti inequality, anti political elite.

Their demands seem Left wing orientated.

I guess you must be a Leftie Tim?

Macron is a globalists like all the other globalists in Brussels..

... and who who part funds the BBC?.. the EU.

That's why you won't hear much about it on the BBC.

Notch it's difficult to know whose pulling the string these days, so look at the facts.

Sponsored Links
and who who part funds the BBC?.. the EU.

And who's got his facts wrong ....... ?

not get much of this on the BBC
And why would I expect a UK broadcaster to be covering a story which has been going on for over six months in France?

Do you think that the BBC will be reporting on the upcoming strikes in Rome?

Didn't see a lot of reporting about the police in Madrid breaking up the taxi strike using cranes to pull the taxis out of the way.

Didn't see much coverage of the recent national strike in Belgium.

Blimey - must be a BBC conspiracy to cover up what's happening everywhere!

What
The movement is motivated by rising fuel prices, a high cost of living; it claims that a disproportionate burden of the government's tax reforms were falling on the working and middle classes,[65][66][67] especially in rural and peri-urban areas.[26][68] The protesters have called for lower fuel taxes, a reintroduction of the solidarity tax on wealth, a minimum-wage increase, the implementation of Citizens' initiative referendums,[36] as well as the resignations of President Emmanuel Macron and the Second Philippe government

It seems the protests are anti inequality, anti political elite.

Their demands seem Left wing orientated.

I guess you must be a Leftie Tim?

do you think will Happen in the event of a no deal Brexit and we reduce the amount of cars, cheese, wine, pickles, dressing, creps, we buy from the French.

?????

do you think will Happen in the event of a no deal Brexit and we reduce the amount of cars, cheese, wine, pickles, dressing, creps, we buy from the French

well you are lucky, it so happens when French cheese is no longer available you will be able to buy some yummy chlorinated chicken instead :ROFLMAO:

Most European countries are failing to report the protests because of one simple reason - contagion!

In the same way as there was very little reporting of the successful Icelandic solution to the banking crisis!

I bet the french police are loving this, loads and loads of overtime :)

Its ok, only 450 people die from salmonella in the USA each year :ROFLMAO:

I never realised I even liked Cheese until I worked in France as a young man.

Every morning I would go to
Les boulangers pour le pain frais.

Fresh bread and local cheese for breakfast. I can taste it now.. Yum...

The French love our cheese too, especially our cheddar.

" Cumulative totals show UK cheese exports are 14% higher than last year at 56,701 tonnes. Total exports of Cheddar were 2,774 tonnes higher (11%) than for the while exports to non-EU destinations fell by 14% to 4,879 tonnes. Exports of territorial cheeses were down 22% on the year at 551 tonnes, while exports of other cheese varieties grew by 19%, amounting to an additional 4,553 tonnes.same period last year. Cheddar exports to EU destinations grew by 19% to total 22,276 tonnes for the year to date."

Oh dear...

" While exports to non-EU destinations fell by 14% to 4,879 tonnes. Exports of territorial cheeses were down 22% on the year at 551 tonnes, while exports of other cheese varieties grew by 19%, amounting to an additional 4,553 tonnes."
https://dairy.ahdb.org.uk/market-information/processing-trade/imports-exports/uk-dairy-exports/

Sponsored Links
Back