What are you having for breakfast?

The only question now is which end to choose where to start...

One of life's great questions. It depends on what you want from your egg. Do you want the yolk to be at the end you crack, or at the other end.

Sponsored Links
20240405_093437.jpg

The worst haggis in the world (Lidl) with an egg on toast.

Sponsored Links
Cornish egg scrambled this a.m. Mixed with Alpro milk is a nice flavour, especially with a dash of Rosemary. Piled on top of a crispy waffle then dusted with parmesan... Eggscellent. :mrgreen:

Your breakfasts' usually look nice. That one looks a bit :sick:
The haggis was rank.
I bought buttery muffins and Wensleydale Cheese in Morrison's last night. They were reduced so £1 for both, I had two muffins for brekky.
20240406_085906.jpg

Bacon sandwiches, once my girlfriend returns from the gym and makes them. She made me a coffee before leaving so just enjoying that at the moment.

I've decided it is best to have the bacon on soft white bread with butter, no sauce.

Bacon sandwiches, once my girlfriend returns from the gym and makes them. She made me a coffee before leaving so just enjoying that at the moment.

There's a man who has his life in order. (Presume you're a bloke - never know these days. :giggle: )

Girlfriend looking after your needs, then out working hard to keep fit - then makes the sammiges as soon as she's back.

A keeper if ever I saw one! (y)

Is that different to normal scrambled egg? I can only ever do scrambled egg when I have zero other distractions, such a fine line between done and overdone.
I always do my scrambled eggs in a Pyrex jug in the microwave. Three eggs, a knob of butter or a splash of cream (or both!), cook for a minute on full power, stir, another 20 seconds, stir and repeat every 10 seconds until they just go past the liquid state. Don't forget they will keep cooking for a while when you take them out. I like them on the wet side and to be able to just pour them on my toast. As an alternative, grate some Parmesan cheese into them before cooking.

Is that different to normal scrambled egg? I can only ever do scrambled egg when I have zero other distractions, such a fine line between done and overdone.
Not really; i'm into St. Ewe's eggs from Cornwall: free range and extra eggy that have richer yolks. I need all the B12 i can get atm. :mrgreen:

Having tried many different ways, for years I have followed Delia on scrambled eggs, who in turn says she follows Mr Escoffier. Heat not too high, a big knob of butter. And never stop scrambling them! Mine look pretty much like these.

1712407260593.png

Having tried many different ways, for years I have followed Delia on scrambled eggs, who in turn says she follows Mr Escoffier. Heat not too high, a big knob of butter. And never stop scrambling them! Mine look pretty much like these.

View attachment 339363
too runny for my taste; i prefer more bounce in the texture - have you tried making them with a milk/flour sauce?

Sponsored Links
Back