What are you having for breakfast?

Sponsored Links
Had poached eggs, smoked haddock and multi seed toast this morning. Going to have the same tomorrow.

20240331_121542.jpg
Easter Sunday breakfast

Had poached eggs, smoked haddock and multi seed toast this morning. Going to have the same tomorrow.
I ended up having a couple of croissants instead. Had the MIL staying over so I was banned from 'stinking up the place'!

Sponsored Links
What do they know about food?
They do amazing cheeses. Great milk and cream in Brittany and apple products, tarts, ciders etc....
Breads great, too.

My most memorable lunch was a chunk of boule, some ripe Brie and a glass of cider. Cracking!

They do amazing cheeses. Great milk and cream in Brittany and apple products, tarts, ciders etc....
Breads great, too.

My most memorable lunch was a chunk of boule, some ripe Brie and a glass of cider. Cracking!

Yes, fantastic food - even if sometimes a little bread heavy. Even the food on Brittany ferries was excellent - all cooked by proper French chefs. On the way back I had a flan dessert, which was so simple, but absolutely delicious. Was an egg custard type slice of flan - but the egg custard was denser than you find in our custard tarts. Not sure if this is a French thing, but would like to know what it was or recipe.

Not a big one on smelly cheese - more of a Cheddar or nothing person. Like cider, but not tried French yet, as only ones I saw were dry - I prefer med or med/dry.

Advised i have low levels of B12 it's going to get weird with fortified cereal and a boiled egg for brekker. Haven't had one o' them since flares were fashionable and Derby had a decent football team. Six toasty soldiers are lining up for duty and dipping will commence as soon as the sand runs down the timer. The only question now is which end to choose where to start... :unsure:

Sponsored Links
Back