what do GPs do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I need to see a doctor Joe........"sense of humour transplant"

Anal ysis of the problem may need a surgeon's skills if you are likely to split your sides laughing, at least then he or she would have you in stitches......

Sponsored Links
I never wrote that!

I know exactly what GPs do!

Will the geostationary satellites give me the co-ordinates for this enema that I'm gonna be demonstrating?

Sponsored Links
wots all this bull above got to do with our GPs,so back to the :?: wot do our GPs DO FOR US :confused: keep that computor running :LOL:

OK if you want a sensible reply to that...............

Fair enough, the request blood to be sent to the lab - but the lab can only give the readings of the blood along with the expected reference ranges. The analyst in the lab doesn't know naff all about what could be causing the abnormalities in the blood (OK, maybe a bit generalised - they probably have some sort of a clue), so it's down to the GP or hospital consultant to decipher the blood results and decide what course of action should be taken. He then has to decide on the medication, if any, that will treat the condition.

I do agree that doctors APPEAR to be doing less and less. I know in my surgery, the nurses are taking on far more duties that used to be only done by doctors and because the nurses are doing that, the bloomin receptionist has been trained to draw blood!!!!!

BUT it still comes down to it that the doc has studied to be able to actually DIAGNOSE (or try to) a patient, whereas a lab is only able to analyse the sample for what's normal and not.

GPs are just about hopeless.

If you are sick they send you to hospital and if it's a minor problem they take a wild guess and usually get it wrong.

Oh and the male doctors seem to like having fun with their female patients.
Every girlfriend I've ever had has had a problem with male GPs.

BUT it still comes down to it that the doc has studied to be able to actually DIAGNOSE (or try to) a patient, whereas a lab is only able to analyse the sample for what's normal and not.

Yes, but are they trained to be able to diagnose without doing an exam? Going back to Billyo's original post, his doctor seems to have decided what to do based on a number of questions to which Billyo gave the answer. A computer can do that far more effectively than a GP. A computer will ask everything that's necessary, plus it can link answers in with a patient's history. It doesn't drink coffee, need comfort breaks and it doesn't get grumpy when it's overtired. What it can't do (yet) is perform an exam but since docs don't really have time for that on a first visit anymore, does that really matter?

Mr Google is the best GP - then go to the surgery and tell them what's wrong with you and what you want to cure it. They don't like it - but when you are right and you know you are right and they know you are right and they know you know you are right and they know they know that you know you are right - what can they say?

Moderator's note:

please observe forum rule 2a

(and 2b)

Mr Google is the best GP - then go to the surgery and tell them what's wrong with you and what you want to cure it. They don't like it - but when you are right and you know you are right and they know you are right and they know you know you are right and they know they know that you know you are right - what can they say?

They'd probably say "you are right Mr 90"

Moderator's note:

(and 2b)

Just in case you can't find them:

2) Abuse/ Swearing / Racism will not be tolerated!

2a) This is a friendly site and we expect everyone to treat other users with respect! icon_smile.gif

If you can't say something nice - then don't say anything. :LOL:

Moderator's note:

(and 2b)

Just in case you can't find them:

2) Abuse/ Swearing / Racism will not be tolerated!

2a) This is a friendly site and we expect everyone to treat other users with respect! icon_smile.gif

If you can't say something nice - then don't say anything. :LOL:

so how come your still posting then joe? ;)

I never post abuse. I give an opinion and out-argue the detractors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back