What does a new boiler & installation cost in London?

Polly1 said:
Was it because I said I was a Landlord?
No - it's because of your attitude.

In this thread, I wasn't after DIY advice, I was after an indication of a fair price to install a new boiler.

So why don't you p**s off & let someone else answer....
Well, have you read "Rule 9" here:

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19448

:?: :idea:

Free to install a new boiler myself? Not that I know of due to CORGI lobbying govt. Correct me if I'm wrong.
You're wrong. Or at least I think you are, given that your sentence is gibberish.

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
Polly1 said:
The problems us landlords are up against:

- We need to control our costs, just like any other business.
As you say, just like any other business, but which business owners come on here moaning about the cost of having work done? Only property investors, that's who, and mostly because they think they've learned "a lot" about plumbing. You're foolhardy enough to be joe-90!

- We are bound by law now for certain types of properties (licensed HMO's for anyone who know what I mean) to keep the HW and heating working.
This isn't a problem per se - why not just flout the law like so many landlords do? Then all you'd need to do is assign some contingent funds against the risk of being found out and/or prosecuted.

...I would still like to find a reasonably priced installer who does a good job and is actually available when something goes wrong with the job later!
There you go again with your primary criterion being "reasonably priced". If you concentrated on "competent and trustworthy" then the person you'd find would automatically be reasonably priced.

FFS. :rolleyes:

I'm a trustworth LL, but I don't force my tenants to pay me extra for it, I let at the going rate.

Softus said:
If you concentrated on "competent and trustworthy" then the person you'd find would automatically be reasonably priced.
Polly1 said:
I'm a trustworth LL, but I don't force my tenants to pay me extra for it, I let at the going rate.
That has nothing to do with anything. Stop wasting our time and go and find yourself a competent and trustworthy heating engineer.

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
Polly1 said:
Was it because I said I was a Landlord?
No - it's because of your attitude.

In this thread, I wasn't after DIY advice, I was after an indication of a fair price to install a new boiler.

So why don't you p**s off & let someone else answer....
Well, have you read "Rule 9" here:

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19448

:?: :idea:

Free to install a new boiler myself? Not that I know of due to CORGI lobbying govt. Correct me if I'm wrong.
You're wrong. Or at least I think you are, given that your sentence is gibberish.

OK, so this forum doesn't like people asking for costs, not even ball park. Didn't know it, but fair enough.

So what about me installing myself? Am I allowed to do it say up to gas connection and commissioning stage and let the CORGI guy take over from there?

Am I allowed to do it say up to gas connection and commissioning stage and let the CORGI guy take over from there?

All you need is ....... Oh sorry I forgot, I have to p*ss o** and let someone else answer.

Polly1 said:
OK, so this forum doesn't like people asking for costs, not even ball park.
It's not a dislike, it's against the rules that you signed up to, and it's a ludicrous thing to do on any forum.

So what about me installing myself?
Don't.

Am I allowed to do it say up to gas connection and commissioning stage and let the CORGI guy take over from there?
I'm going to leave this one to someone who isn't tired of answering that same old question asked by people who are unwilling to read the f***ing legislation for themselves, or to search the forum for an answer that has been given one trillion times already.

Polly1 said:
So what about me installing myself? Am I allowed to do it say up to gas connection and commissioning stage and let the CORGI guy take over from there?

No, but you don't sound like the sort of bloke that is going to let that stop you.

EliteHeat said:
Polly1 said:

No, but you don't sound like the sort of bloke that is going to let that stop you.

I've assisted guys in changing boilers, but never done it myself and are subject to stringent legislation that would see me losing my business by the local council taking over management of it.

A part of my willingness to use BG is a willingness to meet my obligations of keeping the HW & CH running. If BG couldn't sort it but were still trying, the council couldn't say I was a bad LL.

But I'm also confident that I could install a boiler myself if I could be sure of which stages were regulated (and needing to be done by CORGI guys) and which stages weren't.

Most landlords are to$$ers.Peroid.They want a top notch job done for peanuts.Get real that aint gonna happen.You want quality then pay for it.So why don`t you the job done for as cheap as you can but don`come back hear whingining when it all goes tits up and you cant get the installer back.
RANT OVER.

You are supposed to be running a business, so why not try and be a bit more businesslike and start with the number one rule must try not to kill my customers.

But I'm also confident that I could install a boiler myself if I could be sure of which stages were regulated (and needing to be done by CORGI guys) and which stages weren't.

I see an interest in my original suggestion.

I know the answer to above, but unfornuately have to p*** off and let someone else reply.

By the way I hope you're finding the 'someone else's reply' as constructive and sympathetic to your cause as they appear to me.

Polly1 said:
If you don't even know the answer to that, then your confidence is misplaced.

Number 1 business rule, don't go broke.

Number 1.01, respect customer rights.

But seriously, I can beat you guys you know. The problem with plumbers and price is that the price reflects the urgency of the problem and not the value of the problem itself. HW off, big urgency, big price.

I have contingencies in place that reduce the urgency for my tenants. The first is an electric shower to make it possible to shower regardless of the boiler breaking down. The second is a box of electric radiators (PAT tested every year mind you) stored in the cellar to be used if necessary in winter time.

Beat that!

:evil:

Note to self: Re-register under different name tomorrow.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back