What does a new boiler & installation cost in London?

EliteHeat said:
Polly1 said:
Note to self: Re-register under different name tomorrow.....

And using one that accurately reflects your sex is also a good idea :LOL:

Polly is my dogs name.

What are all you plumbers (I'm assuming) doing at home in these hours anyway? Shouldn't you be out plumbing?

Or does the price of a boiler installation reflect the days off allowed before & after?

;)

Sponsored Links
Polly1 said:
Number 1 business rule, don't go broke.
That's rubbish - I could avoid going broke just by not running a business. Making a profit is the only point. :rolleyes:

Number 1.01, respect customer rights.
Do you even know what this load of b*llocks means?

But seriously, I can beat you guys you know.
Or this? :confused:

The problem with plumbers and price is that the price reflects the urgency of the problem and not the value of the problem itself. HW off, big urgency, big price.
For some, but not for all. I charge the same hourly rate whether for a small emergency or a complete installation.

I have contingencies in place that reduce the urgency for my tenants. The first is an electric shower to make it possible to shower regardless of the boiler breaking down. The second is a box of electric radiators (PAT tested every year mind you) stored in the cellar to be used if necessary in winter time.

Beat that!
OK - I can fix my own heating at any time of day or night and on any day of the year, in any of the properties I live in, or own, or maintain, and all of those my friends and relatives live in or own.

Note to self: Re-register under different name tomorrow.....
The name may change, but the attitude can't be hidden, in the same manner as a dog turd under a pile of leaves.

Just out of interest Polly what do you think is a reasonable price for the job?

and how much do you charge your tenants for rent

and how did you come to that figure

how much do you get paid for what ever it is you do for a living

Just interested

corgiman said:

Just interested

Considering that a boiler itself costs about £700, I reckon £1,300 is about fair for a professional job that can take as little as 8 hours, needs training for and I'm willing to assist in the extra jobs. I have paid as little as £200 on top of the price of the boiler. £200 for a days work is pretty good for most people.

I charge my tenants the going rate in my area. I get paid very little out of what I do in cash, because I pay most of it away in bank interest, maintenance costs, insurance etc.

I came to that figure, by deducting my costs from my receipts. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
ok so you charge the going rate in your area

mmmm

so why dont u charge the same as say a landlord in portsmouth

but you will not allow someone to charge YOU the going rate for your area

strange but iluminating

good luck

Polly1 said:
corgiman said:

Just interested

Considering that a boiler itself costs about £700, I reckon £1,300 is about fair for a professional job that can take as little as 8 hours, needs training for and I'm willing to assist in the extra jobs. I have paid as little as £200 on top of the price of the boiler. £200 for a days work is pretty good for most people.

I charge my tenants the going rate in my area. I get paid very little out of what I do in cash, because I pay most of it away in bank interest, maintenance costs, insurance etc.

I came to that figure, by deducting my costs from my receipts. :LOL:

my god, you must live in your own little world.

i have a list as long as my arm to cover before i even make the money i live on.

i don't live on fresh air, i am here to make money not work for free.

if you think BG are the bees knees then go with them, but don't come crying back here when they condemn your stuff or say they cant fix it because it is old and cant get the parts.

i am a registered business not charity

Not one post here has given an indication of why a mans labour for a day or two's work is worth £1,500 above the price of the appliance itself.

I would be very grateful if one of you were to explain it in a way us non-corgi people could understand it.

I'm not a heating engineer, but I don't get out of bed for less than a thousand quid

That's why I'm usually
bed.gif

There's a lot more parts and upgrading to do when replacing a boiler other than the boiler its self. Labour rate up to £300 + VAT /day and you have to allow for call backs and up to 2 years warranty.

Welcome to the real world :rolleyes: If you want to pay peanuts then all you will get are monkeys to do the job for you :LOL:

gas4you said:
There's a lot more parts and upgrading to do when replacing a boiler other than the boiler its self. Labour rate up to £300 + VAT /day and you have to allow for call backs and up to 2 years warranty.

Welcome to the real world :rolleyes: If you want to pay peanuts then all you will get are monkeys to do the job for you :LOL:

Aren't the warranties the responsibilty of the manufacturers?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Reading this has just had me in stitches
The name may change, but the attitude can't be hidden, in the same manner as a dog turd under a pile of leaves.

Softus your a star with words. :LOL: :LOL:

Polly1 said:
gas4you said:

Aren't the warranties the responsibilty of the manufacturers?

Yes, but installer has to cover initial callout to ascertain if a fault with boiler or other controls before putting in a call to manufacturer. A warranty call could end up with a charge of around £150/£200 if no fault found with boiler :eek:

Polly1 said:
I have paid as little as £200 on top of the price of the boiler. £200 for a days work is pretty good for most people.
£200? Out of which the installer had to provide all parts and materials, cover travelling costs and overheads, buy and replace/maintain tools, replace materials used from stock, do the paperwork, pay tax, buy insurance and a license to carry waste materials, pay bank charges, keep trained to current standards, spend time reading to keep knowledge up to date... (list abbreviated lest it blow your tiny mind).

Idiot.

Softus said:
Polly1 said:
I have paid as little as £200 on top of the price of the boiler. £200 for a days work is pretty good for most people.
£200? Out of which the installer had to provide all parts and materials, cover travelling costs and overheads, buy and replace/maintain tools, replace materials used from stock, do the paperwork, pay tax, buy insurance and a license to carry waste materials, pay bank charges, keep trained to current standards, spend time reading to keep knowledge up to date... (list abbreviated lest it blow your tiny mind).

Idiot.

............and put up with polly1's self righteous banter.....extra £500 ****ing quid right there

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back