What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
More litter picking today at Thorndon country park. We did the woods and got roughly the same as yesterday - two bags of litter, two bags of recyclables. A few weird finds: I found a full unopened 2 litre bottle of lemonade that someone had thrown into the bushes, a fair size Tupperware box with the remains of someone’s lunch that they couldn’t be bothered to take home with them and one, yes one, shoe. How do you lose a shoe?

View attachment 218293

My friend had a strange find too - one white stiletto type shoe and a couple of empty mini Prosecco bottles. Well, we were in Essex! Mind you, I did top the session with the worse find of the morning. At the base of a tree, nestled under a good few handfuls of tissue paper was....yep, you guessed it, a human turd. Yuk! Worse than the split and rotting dog poo bags I picked up. We got even more thanks than yesterday and one lady told us we'd go to heaven! I had to double bag my haul before putting it in the car though and I drove all the way home with the windows open. That’s it for a while, mission accomplished. (y)

Thorndon country park eh? Surprised you didn't manage to bag a few doggers. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thorndon country park eh? Surprised you didn't manage to bag a few doggers. :LOL:
LoL. That’s South, not North where we go. Did you see the comedy series 'White Gold' about double glazing salesman in Essex in the eighties? They filmed the episode with the dogging scene in the South car park. They turned up just to watch but got the wrong night - they turned up on gay night! :LOL:

LoL. That’s South, not North where we go. Did you see the comedy series 'White Gold' about double glazing salesman in Essex in the eighties? They filmed the episode with the dogging scene in the South car park. They turned up just to watch but got the wrong night - they turned up on gay night! :LOL:

I have seen it. I can't begin to remember the scene I really didn't want to see in Brentwood Lane.... shudder!

...Emptied out the washing powder box and dried that with her hairdryer
Whoops - Mrs Mottie took the washing powder out today and left a bloody great trail of powder over the floor. The box that I dried out after flooding the kitchen had come apart. She thought mice had done it but I said it looks like it might have got damp. :whistle: She said "how could that happen?" I said perhaps she'd put it on a damp worktop. She looked at me suspiciously but I think I got away with it. :rolleyes:

Anyway, while the cats away, Mottie will play and tonight while she is out babysitting until 9.00 I made myself a dirty dinner! Ham, egg 'n' chips with two slices of buppy. Luvverly.

144B2AA4-FF33-489D-B00B-88DFA6E762A5.jpeg

I’ll tell her the quinoa had gone off. ;)

But with Ham off the bone.
That was ham off the bone. I won’t buy any sliced ham marked 'formed from'. :cautious:
I used to get it cut at the cooked meat counter but that counter along with the cheese, meat and fish counters have been closed for months at our local supermarket. They’ve been turned into a collection point for online Argos purchases.

82FAB469-D67E-4FFC-A7AC-7C2E770BE9D8.jpeg

Yeah, I do miss the thick slices you could ask for when they are carving it by hand. Anyone had a go at 'making' their own bacon? I used to do it and I think I might start doing it again.

Went to collect tools left to me in my friend's will, God rest his soul.
He used to work at Rolls Royce making wooden casts.
Fine work.
Anyhow, amongst his collection I came across some tools I've never seen.
I'll post pictures tomorrow.
Maybe they're not tools, just random bits he nicked from work :ROFLMAO:
Anyhow, the best piece was a toolbox built by him, all in wood and without any mechanical fixings, no screws, no nails.
Still in great conditions after probably 50 years in the shed.
Remarkably, he had no tools from China.
Everything made in england, usa and Japan, no rust, wooden handles still perfect.
All Stanley tools made in usa.
Good old days.

Sponsored Links
Back