What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
Nice weather today so been over the allotment doing a bit of digging and weeding. Whilst there, I heard that another allotment holder had gone to the great plot in the sky - they’re dropping like flies over there at the moment! Came home, started to watch the football, dozed off and had a dream that the Hammers had beaten those Northerners (Tottenham) 2-1 to move up to 4th in the table. Turns out it wasn’t a dream and I was awake all the time! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
First proper ride of the year 25 miles, chain came off three times towards the end, time for a service, there was a whining noise to start with then the wife went home

Sponsored Links
I was in the front garden swinging my chopper around as some neighbours were walking past taking their exercise. :)

First motorbike ride of the year :cool:
Pot holes like mine shafts :eek:
Gravel wash on downhill corners.....a sphincter clenching moment :mrgreen:
John :)

Waved goodbye to the 'Stevoque' today. Bloody thing sold quicker than I thought it would - I was expecting it to hang around for a while and get some more dog carrying duties out of it. :( Why do cars always look so bloody good when you've given them their final wash before a sale? (n) Still, I got the full asking price and the bloke paid me out and it’s now gone. Had it for five and a bit years and it depreciated by £21,500 over that time. That’s the price of running a Range Rover I suppose. :LOL: On the other hand though, our Golf has only depreciated £4,000 in over seven years. I bet the A3 won’t depreciate by much either.

I've heard they're not terribly reliable. Did you have a lot of trouble with yours?

I've heard they're not terribly reliable. Did you have a lot of trouble with yours?
Absolutely none at all apart from one electrical glitch just after buying it that was fixed under warranty. Mind you, mine was one of the early models with the bullet proof 2.2 Diesel engine and six speed auto box. The later 2.0 ingenium diesels with 9 speed boxes are trouble! I had 50,000 trouble free miles in ours.

Fed up with breaking concrete floor so went out in the sunshine to do something I enjoy:)
0C1A5D71-D3AA-4672-A803-126D8976D7D1.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back