What have you been doing today?

When were these parsnips planted Mottie? Are these from a heated polytunnel?
They were planted out in the open around last May/June and I thought I’d dug them all up around Christmas time or just after. Today I noticed a line of shoots/leaves so I dug them up. There was also about 10 or 12 tiny ones, no more than a couple of inches long and I transplanted those to another bed to see how they get on. Had some with today’s roast and blanched and froze the rest. As they had gone through the frosts, they were very sweet. :)

Sponsored Links
About time too! :)

Well, my wife kindly reminded me that there is still the bits of skirting board each side of the door. And the door and frame needs painting.
But as good as finished!

Sponsored Links
Just took my annual MOT assessment. Just to keep my ticket current really - I haven’t done a test for about 18 months!

49A646A2-D905-44A7-9FDE-88859CE0960B.jpeg

Last edited:
How did they test you? Did you have to carry out a MOT with someone watching?

Andy
No. Online test. Random questions but they give you a syllabus to swot up on. It’s nothing to do with what you actually know (although you do know some of them) but it’s basically testing you on your ability to look up the information from a couple of manuals - the the answers are all there but you have to find them which is not as easy as it seems. 30 random questions, 80% pass mark, all questions must be answered and completed within 1 hour. If you can’t pass it, you are locked out from testing until you do.

Babysitting duties today. Me and Mrs Mottie walked up to Clockhouse Gardens in Upminster to break the day up. We fed the ducks and our Grandson got a bit of fresh air. Bought a bottle of wine and a wind-up chick in Waitrose on the way home. Run my grandson home to Chelmsford. Knackered!

74F79787-D8CF-4A3C-B645-60B37B444119.jpeg

Lovely picture Mottie! I knew you were posh Mottie but giving "Hovis" bread to the ducks - Only posh Essex folk do that type of thing :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Back