What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
First bike ride of the year, 8 miles, a bit chilly, still some snow on the hills, bought some eggs from the farm along the way

Yesterday we drove out to the churchyard where most of my mothers family is buried.

5yrs after his funeral, one of my favourite uncles still has only a cheap wooden cross marking his grave. My cousin, who still retains all the character of an only child who was spoilt rotten, inherited at least 3/4 £million just on the house alone. You'd think that would buy him an upgrade to at least a slate headstone wouldn't you?

Sponsored Links
So almost a dirty weekend?

Have you got pictures?

Just had a phone call from cottages.com and they have given us a full refund. Would rather have had a clean cottage though. Just couldn't have slept in a bed with sweat stained pillows and hairs in the bed. The owner who lived next door went and got some more pillows but I suspect they were off his own bed and even they had earwax on them! Yuk.

1A58EA50-154B-469B-9AC8-97DB1072E879.jpeg BED51855-2365-4F0E-AC90-EB814EC55DAD.jpeg BD48C5FC-202E-4C59-B470-E1531D1A3183.jpeg 552FFEB0-879C-45FE-8423-C5F6BA32E34B.jpeg B48D55D5-26A2-47A5-9EE7-D7FECDC3F7C6.jpeg B60E91B6-6D10-491F-98F1-62522E135C61.jpeg C720D39B-D3E9-4908-AB17-10B9F88A8645.jpeg 9481FD65-A384-4164-AA99-9069834CB6AE.jpeg

Just had a phone call from cottages.com and they have given us a full refund. Would rather have had a clean cottage though. Just couldn't have slept in a bed with sweat stained pillows and hairs in the bed. The owner who lived next door went and got some more pillows but I suspect they were off his own bed and even they had earwax on them! Yuk.
We had a poor experience at Talacre beach in Wales, they had blocked drains at the static we were due to stay in and bits of sewage was on the grassed area :notworthy: we got half back :eek:

View attachment 263125 View attachment 263126 View attachment 263127 View attachment 263128 View attachment 263129 View attachment 263130 View attachment 263131 View attachment 263132
Hmmm.... just a bit grim!

Well, we went on our break to a cottage in Suffolk today. Booked it on cottages.com. Had it booked until Monday. Got in, unpacked and then looked a bit closer. Turned out to be a right dirty sh1t hole so we packed up, had words with the owner and are back home now. ****ing fuming. :mad:

Where in Suffolk?
Just so I know to avoid it if I ever fancy taking my wife away for a treat.

Dialled 999 for only the 4th time in my life so far.

Thankfully, an off duty ambulance tech just happened to become aware of the situation & ran the 1/4ml to us before I managed to finish giving my personal details to the call operator. 15mins wait for an ambulance & god bless 'em, they sent the fire brigade as well, knowing that the casualty was on a footpath 3/4 ml away from the nearest road access.

Ambulance tech's rock don't they, they don't flap in any situation, she assured us that it's probably just a mild diabetic induced 'feint', but it's off to hospital she goes for a few tests & maybe an overnight observation.

Patient was conscious in the ambulance back at the carpark, confused about many things but not (I hope) about her dog. We are currently making a big fuss over "Tilly" back at Lord Towers, spoiling her rotten & hoping she doesn't poop & pee everywhere until her family can pick her up.

Well done Dork

I've spent too much time on the net, bought a few items, posted many times, read the press, watched tv, had three meals so far thanks to my dear OH, had a shower, and todays we changed all the bedding even in the guest rooms, vaccumed to upper flors easy as mainly real wood, rang a sis and had a 35 min chat, watched ant and dec and now watching a movie.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Back