What have you been doing today?

Found a recipe for something called a 'teacake Babka' and thought to give it a go - at this time of year i like to make Bara Brith, but how hard could it be to make a Babka? Turns out to be a tricky mix: wet n' sticky with all the milk and butter and eggs used in the mix. All that fruit makes it heavy and now i'm worried i've put too much tea leaves in there. :oops:
It's been suggested it isn't a Babka at all and has been labelled a Bupkiss. Some folk are just mean. Time will tell. Another hour for it to prove, then another hour to bake.
I have a feeling i should've stuck to what i know.

Sponsored Links
Fitted a non-return valve to our sink until the drains issue is sorted. Hung a few pictures on the wall that have been waiting for a good few months. Going to the bottle bank in a minute ( :unsure: Where do they all come from? ;)).

Off to a quiz night tonight.

Fitted a non-return valve to our sink until the drains issue is sorted. Hung a few pictures on the wall that have been waiting for a good few months. Going to the bottle bank in a minute ( :unsure: Where do they all come from? ;)).

Off to a quiz night tonight.
When a mate cleared his brothers house, it took 12 trips to the bottle bank in a Mondeo estate to get rid of the vodka bottles

Sponsored Links
Gee. That's a lot of vodka.....:(

Did you see that documentary about alcoholics, in their own words, during the lockdown?

One scouser bloke, early forties, looked well in all honesty.
Apparently had been days away from death according to his doctor, before he quit the vodka.
1000 units he was putting away.
25 bottles of vodka.
A week :oops:

I take it his brother "moved on", rather than moved out?
At that time he moved in with his mum and started a rehab course, a few months later he passed away, his mum & dad never drank & his brother just has the odd Baileys & a few pints, he was into weed in a big way from teens onwards

I was initially claiming through eBay but as the bloke was messing me around, I lodged a claim with PayPal. Because of that, my eBay claim was automatically closed.
Bloody eBay and PayPal! Seller was messing me about for refund so claimed through PayPal. That closed my eBay claim and I’ve just heard today that despite me having an eBay message from the seller confirming that the item had been returned to them, they have shown PayPal only the delivery tracking (which was wrongly addressed) and not the return tracking so PayPal have rejected my claim too. Spoke to Ebay and despite them confirming seeing the message from seller saying they had the item returned, can’t do anything as it’s been more than 30 days since dispute closed! Luckily it’s only £18 so all I can do is leave the **** bad feedback and I'd think twice before ever using eBay or PayPal again as their buyer guarantees aren’t worth the paper they are written on.

Bloody eBay and PayPal! Seller was messing me about for refund so claimed through PayPal. That closed my eBay claim and I’ve just heard today that despite me having an eBay message from the seller confirming that the item had been returned to them, they have shown PayPal only the delivery tracking (which was wrongly addressed) and not the return tracking so PayPal have rejected my claim too. Spoke to Ebay and despite them confirming seeing the message from seller saying they had the item returned, can’t do anything as it’s been more than 30 days since dispute closed! Luckily it’s only £18 so all I can do is leave the **** bad feedback and I'd think twice before ever using eBay or PayPal again as their buyer guarantees aren’t worth the paper they are written on.
Don't wait too long before leaving the feedback.
I had a similar case to yours and, by the time it was settled, too much time had passed to leave feedback.

Don't wait too long before leaving the feedback.
I had a similar case to yours and, by the time it was settled, too much time had passed to leave feedback.
Have told seller I’m giving them until tonight before leaving negative feedback.

Not what I have been doing, but what I am psyching myself up to do......

I know, I know, it's a pig mess.

To paraphrase Oates, “I am just going outside to the garage and may be some time”

IMG_20230206_124306_HDR.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back