What have you been doing today?

At the risk of stating the bleedin' obvious, I'm guessing you have another cat called Ronnie?

No, unfortunately not. He's the friendliest most docile cat we've ever had - so couldn't live up to that reputation anyway. Unlike our previous cat who would defend his patch to the death, Reggie avoids conflict.

Neighbour has a small Jack Russell who was probably the runt of the litter. Called Tyson.

Sponsored Links
Been round helping a mate replace three fence panels. Unfortunately, all of them were cut to size by him and he used the peculiar method of measure once, cut twice so that was fun! :rolleyes:

Took a frozen roast dinner round to my mum and then over the allotment to collect and secure (again), some of the equipment from my plot from other plots. Planted some garlic cloves.

Movie was I am Legend, which I’ve never seen and enjoyed…quite apt film for the setting.

It was a remake of 'Omega man' with Charlton Heston which in turn was a remake of an earlier film 'last man on earth' which I haven't seen. 'I am Legend is great', Will Smith is brilliant as usual but the scene where he has to kill his dog always reduces me to tears.

Sponsored Links
The country park where I walk my dog was shut due to the winds so it was just a street walk today. After that, I got a train to Westfield Stratford and returned a suit I bought last week. Jacket too long (need a regular size) and waistcoat too short (need a long size). Of course nothing in stock so going to have to get it online. The new tyres and puncture resistant inner tube for my electrically converted Hybrid bike arrived so I fitted them and gave them a road test. The tube has some 'slime' inside it and it works well - I pinched the tube when fitting it (no damage) so had to let some air out to refit it. It didn't come out quickly or easily from the valve so should be fine. The tyres have some puncture protection too as I don't fancy fixing a puncture on the road if it's a rear puncture because of the rear motor makes it a bit fiddly.

The country park where I walk my dog was shut due to the winds so it was just a street walk today. After that, I got a train to Westfield Stratford and returned a suit I bought last week. Jacket too long (need a regular size) and waistcoat too short (need a long size). Of course nothing in stock so going to have to get it online. The new tyres and puncture resistant inner tube for my electrically converted Hybrid bike arrived so I fitted them and gave them a road test. The tube has some 'slime' inside it and it works well - I pinched the tube when fitting it (no damage) so had to let some air out to refit it. It didn't come out quickly or easily from the valve so should be fine. The tyres have some puncture protection too as I don't fancy fixing a puncture on the road if it's a rear puncture because of the rear motor makes it a bit fiddly.

No need to remove the wheel with a double ended inner tube,
https://www.bikeinn.com/bike/mitas-...mLDr6lulgXB2iv7DFVEaAkeZEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Mitas Gaadi Presta 47 mm Inner Tube.JPG

I had another swimming lesson in Los Cristianos. It was raining at the start and it felt a bit weird having to have a shower outside in the rain before the start of the lesson. I was thinking to myself, what am I doing standing here having a shower in the pouring rain.
4879A182-E7F7-472E-9CE9-526EB6A7B267.jpeg

Sold our state of the art hi-fi on ebay we bought several years ago and rarely used. cost close to 4k sold it for miles less as outdated when compared with newer systems and not used for years but the 5 speakers blast out a sound second to none. I'm happy with the money as I was close to taking it to the charity shop

This was done unwittingly as two posters tried to attack me o a forum I unwittingly humiliated them in public:mrgreen:

Two blasts from the past today, phone call from a long lost tennis partner asking if I did wiring inspections, had a good reminisce and might be meeting up for a knock :D. Bumped into a former work colleague in M&S, he was on his way home from hospital after having a scan on his newly diagnosed prostate cancer :(

Sponsored Links
Back