What size is my Potterton Prima F boiler?

If tt that is the valve then it’s open by a quarter turn. Is that right or Should it be open more?

Sponsored Links
24.5 Kw measured at the gas meter equates to around 19 Kw boiler output ie. 65,000Btu....(around 78% efficiency)
That boiler can produce between 60 and 80,000 Btu so it appears to have been range rated.

So, off the back of some previous comments around I may be losing heat somewhere. I’ve taken a picture which is attached, the pipe going into my hot water tank at the top there is around 40° Even though we haven’t got the hot water on the go at the boiler or from the taps. The pipe going into the central heating pump is at around 70°. Could I be losing heat to my hot water tank?

Sponsored Links
Picture of set up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 109
There's no point in comparing to next door unless you compare lifestyles...our neighbours leave the heating on all day, flat out regardless of whether they're home. They walk around in tea shirts and bare feet. All their bills are huge compared to ours...and their house is better insulated. They even come round to compare bills when they are shocked at the bills.
Have you got TRVs, are they turned down when to say 15 degrees when rooms are not in use.
Are the radiators properly balanced to stop boiler short cycling.
Are the radiators heating up in reasonable time ( a weak pump etc will cause more cycling).
Do the zone valves fully shut off to prevent let-by into the circuit not demanding heat.

Negligable heat is lost to the feed and vent pipework.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back