what would you do

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what would you do if the tele packed up for good ,what thnig's would you spend your time doeing, hobbies you never got round to?

Sponsored Links
This happened to us, about a year ago. For the first few days we were lost and I felt like I was missing everything, but we still haven't got round to getting a new one. We watch dvd's a lot and anything we really want to see we watch on iplayer etc, never thought I'd not have a telly. If we're ever at anyone elses house though and it's on I have zero tolerance for adverts now though. And I've lost count of how many box sets we've got through :)

Spend more time in the pub! :)

Well that's what folk's used to do,its interesting looking at old records,the amout of pub's in towns pre WW2 is pretty amazing ,mind you I bet a pint of ale was a lot cheaper than now.

Sponsored Links
I thought "If I could afford it" when I typed that. As you say there used to be loads of little pubs. One on every corner nearly in the 1970s in the Midlands town where I came from originally.
Drinking in pubs never was a cheap hobby though in my time.

If you only watch TV on I-Player - then you don't need a licence.

You do if you watch things live so I've still got one, but I do feel it's a bit unfair that I pay so much to just watch a few live things.
I'm not sure how they know, if you look it up they say they can catch you but aren't allowed to tell you how...all very mysterious... :)

You do if you watch things live so I've still got one, but I do feel it's a bit unfair that I pay so much to just watch a few live things.
I'm not sure how they know, if you look it up they say they can catch you but aren't allowed to tell you how...all very mysterious... :)

I suppose if you work the premis that every body is watching TV anyone without a licence must be worth a look at

if my main tele packed up id confiscate 1 of the kids teles from there rooms. :LOL:

I'd spend 100% of my time on this incredible, unique and irreplaceable forum :p :rolleyes:
John :)
And then nick off down to Tesco's for a new 'un :p

I thought "If I could afford it" when I typed that. As you say there used to be loads of little pubs. One on every corner nearly in the 1970s in the Midlands town where I came from originally.

have you found the good life living in the west country It must be hard cutting a niche market as a wood worker in that neck of the wood's

have you found the good life living in the west country It must be hard cutting a niche market as a wood worker in that neck of the wood's

I don't know about the good life, but I wouldn't really want to go back up there to live now. Not easy getting work and so on down here, but I managed it for 20 years. I was making furniture. I've packed it up now. I was working mostly with oak, and I was getting more and more allergic to it, and as time went on it seemed that any dust at all was getting to me. Always used extraction, and a powered mask when needed, but it still got to me.

Sponsored Links
Back