Whats stopped you voting Labour

• Thread starter Deleted member 294929
  • Start date
Local practise 47,000 patients thousands of missed appointments each year people constantly complaining they can get an appointment and on the phone for over an hour .
Do they have a dedicated number, text service or web page for people to cancel appointments nope so those that no longer need appointment phone up get told 60minute wait just hang up . Basic job to set something up
I believe I heard the major causes of missed appointments are because people are in hospital or people who rely on public transport.

Sponsored Links
I believe I heard the major causes of missed appointments are because people are in hospital or people who rely on public transport.

I think I have only missed one doctor's appointment in my life, and that is because I had been airlifted to hospital on my way to the appointment.

Sponsored Links
Absolute cobblers. Mrs Mottie used to be a GP's receptionist. The ones that failed to attend were serial non-attenders. Why sign up to a GP surgery and make appointments if you can’t get there? They don’t turn up late, they just don’t turn up or cancel.

The last time I went to my surgery, there was a notice saying that 166 appointments were wasted the previous month due to non attendance. One. Hundred. And. Sixty. Six. Disgraceful.

Last edited:
No. Just send the receptionist round to have a look at them. If they are time wasting, strike them off the surgery. Simple.
what a great system. Injure yourself while out jogging and no treatment for you !

Following on from my post a few mins ago, here's just one example, now imagine scaling this scenario up across the UK. I know someone who works in the NHS in an administrative role. They earn ~£40k pa. In the department within which they work, the management identified a requirement for someone with an additional skillset. The person I know already dabbled in this area as part of their role and suggested to the management 'can I not receive some additional training and absorb the additional task?' In short the management decided 'no' and employed another person on ~£40k pa. I have no reason to disbelieve him, the person I know is adamant they could have absorbed what this entirely new role is doing.

This happens time and time again and I don't doubt local councils are the same. Of course there will be times when an additional member of the team 'is' required, no one would deny that. However I've heard of more than a few real life scenarios as per the above.

Exactly what's happening. The person doing the recruiting can then justify a bigger salary for themselves if they're in charge of more people.

The NHS is currently receiving vastly more money than at any time in its history, even allowing for inflation. The Labour party are telling outright lies in stating that it's short of money. The entire system is a massive money-siphoning scam that's swallowing a vast chunk of the country's money. The last time I looked at the figures I believe it is costing just under £8000 per household per year.

We need to get start getting angry at the NHS itself, not just at the people who write the cheques. The people within it make use of its semi-holy status, in that anyone criticising its greatness is caricatured as wanting their granny dead. Check the cars in the staff car park of any NHS establishment to see where the money's really going.

Parkinson's Law

Screenshot_20230121-172748.png

A highly-recommended read (y)

The NHS is currently receiving vastly more money than at any time in its history, even allowing for inflation. The Labour party are telling outright lies in stating that it's short of money.

Windy is telling outright lies.

Absolute cobblers. Mrs Mottie used to be a GP's receptionist. The ones that failed to attend were serial non-attenders. Why sign up to a GP surgery and make appointments if you can’t get there? They don’t turn up late, they just don’t turn up or cancel.

The last time I went to my surgery, there was a notice saying that 166 appointments were wasted the previous month due to non attendance. One. Hundred. And. Sixty. Six. Disgraceful.

the Feckless of Essex

And if that’s representative of the voting population, they should have been out a long while ago. Trouble is, 3/4 of those comments are made by 5/3,000 vociferous members on this forum!
All over the western world there is now no connection between the voting public and their political classes. It doesn't matter whether you vote left or right, you will end up with a modern form of communism that conforms with that of all other western nations. In recent elections it has been shown that most people want sensible, conservative government in the interests of those that pay for it, but all we get, and all we ever will get, is a raid on taxpayers' money to pay for net zero, transvestites and immigrants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Back