How do you get a Labour government?

I'm one of those who have never voted at a general election and had heated arguments with friends who say "if you don't cast a vote you can't talk about it!"

Okay, so if the choices, (sorry, the ELECTABLE choices), are two shades of $h1t, I am either to choose one or make a protest vote? Is that what some are really saying?

As for spoiling your vote, WTF does that count for or do?

Those same f***** I argued with would be surprised that the question of no-voters has and is, at long last, been mentioned in high places and why 'us lot' feel so disaffected...

Am I "allowed" to speak here or is a non-voter automatically assumed to be more unintelligent than all those 'enlightened' morons who do vote.....?

A non voter opts out of the election process and is not entitled to criticise the outcome of an election, IMO. Not a question of 'intelligence', but one of values.

Sponsored Links
The real time waster is the person who tries to second guess how everyone else is going to vote and use this complete lack of knowledge to cast a wasted vote. Keep up the mantra joe :rolleyes:

I'm one of those who have never voted at a general election and had heated arguments with friends who say "if you don't cast a vote you can't talk about it!"

Okay, so if the choices, (sorry, the ELECTABLE choices), are two shades of $h1t, I am either to choose one or make a protest vote? Is that what some are really saying?

As for spoiling your vote, WTF does that count for or do?

Those same f***** I argued with would be surprised that the question of no-voters has and is, at long last, been mentioned in high places and why 'us lot' feel so disaffected...

Am I "allowed" to speak here or is a non-voter automatically assumed to be more unintelligent than all those 'enlightened' morons who do vote.....?

A non voter opts out of the election process and is not entitled to criticise the outcome of an election, IMO. Not a question of 'intelligence', but one of values.
I'm not opting out! I/we are always misunderstood over this.

If you're a vegetarian and the only choices you have are beef and chicken, do you pick one or say no thanks?

Exactly the same thing to me bud. I can't stomach either.. ;) And I speak as someone who remembers each PM going back to Wilson!

I suppose, in my analogy, I should stay around the table with a 'token' packet of cheese and onion crisps... :rolleyes:

Exactly so . If you had a the choice of NOTA , then your non participation would not be misunderstood!

And a non voter could be firmly labelled lazy and without the right to complain.

As for the menu,
If the restaurant only had two choices, then they may assume that you are not hungry if you choose neither.They have no idea what custom may be interested in eating if there was another option.

However if enough of you chose NOTA, then they would reexamine the menu, and this may lead them to say we do/don't need to change, but at least we would know how many people were hungry, rather than making assumptions.

I still say that if you were genuinely hungry enough you would have to choose one item from the menu !

Sponsored Links
But therein is another point which didn't represent my take. I'm not, and never have, criticised the outcome. I criticise the realistic choices!

If there was a tick box which said "None because the only two with a chance are feckless liars", I'd be the first down there with the fatest permanent marker pen I can buy.

As I say, anything else is no more than a worthless protest vote or, worse still, promotes other radical looney fringe parties.

And BTW, I know this happens from friends who openly admit to me they would vote Labour but, as someone earlier concisely put it, you've got Conservative and Conservative light.

There is no old Labour! So exactly who do I vote for please? The only guy I can think of is Dennis Skinner and look how he's slapped down, often by his own bunch of self interested cronies.

So, my friends have voted for the likes of UKIP and even BNP :eek:

These 'one trick ponies' are at worst just risible or at best only good for nudging the incumbent party in a slightly different direction.

"There is no old Labour!"

And thank God!

What good did they ever do for the country?

Okay, so if the choices, (sorry, the ELECTABLE choices), are two shades of $h1t, I am either to choose one

You are to choose one, saying they are just **** and not choosing is just childish behaviour.

If you're a vegetarian and the only choices you have are beef and chicken, do you pick one or say no thanks?

Except in an election it is choose chicken, or choose beef, there is no "no thanks" option, one of them will get crammed down your metaphorical gullet regardless if you wipe your arse with the ballot paper or tick one of the boxes.

If you are unable to inform yourself as to the merits and flaws of the candidates on offer, and select which is best (or least worse), then you have shown yourself to be ignorant, lazy, uninformed, or indecisive, whether you are stupid as well depends.

It is simply childish petulance to cry "they are all ****", one of them will be selected, and one of them will be a better MP than the others, or less worse, denying this is denying reality.

"There is no old Labour!"

And thank God!

What good did they ever do for the country?

You mean apart from welfare, healthcare, housing and pensions, YEA WUT DID THEY DOOZ FOR UZ!

Old labour did some good things, the problem with modern "progressives" is that we already have all these things, and instead of trying to innovate or properly address social economic issues, they think being progressive means just continually bloating the size of the public service, and that anything other than a continual growth in public services is regressive.

I'm as interested in politics as I am interested in the colour grey.

There is little to choose between any of the major political parties.

Few of the decisions or policies or mandates they bestow upon us have any life changing effects on ordinary folk anyhow.

The UK, like the US needs to go to extraordinary lengths to attract voters only then to blur into a mainstream pile of pants. Anything goes when appeasing voters.

We gotta have someone at the helm so I let others that think they know about politics, make the decision for me.

Politics is even duller than the G.D. section.

Except in an election it is choose chicken, or choose beef, there is no "no thanks" option, one of them will get crammed down your metaphorical gullet regardless if you wipe your a**e with the ballot paper or tick one of the boxes.

If you are unable to inform yourself as to the merits and flaws of the candidates on offer, and select which is best (or least worse), then you have shown yourself to be ignorant, lazy, uninformed, or indecisive, whether you are stupid as well depends.

It is simply childish petulance to cry "they are all s**t", one of them will be selected, and one of them will be a better MP than the others, or less worse, denying this is denying reality.
Just goes to show how ignorant and presumptuous you are of other peoples' motives.

You respect someone who votes BNP or Raving more than a no voter; that's your prerogative. I respect someone who doesn't vote so long as it's not just laziness.

I've been shafted under Labour and shafted even more under the Tories. I'm not voting for an unelectable party or one which will shaft me less - that's my, legal, prerogative. (Until it's changed).

So the only vote I'll be registering will be with my feet, like so many have done, when this country becomes insufferable...

And that's just in Europe after consecutive Labour AND Tory governments! (I'd be going further West). :rolleyes:

So the only vote I'll be registering will be with my feet, like so many have done, when this country becomes insufferable...

And that's just in Europe after consecutive Labour AND Tory governments! (I'd be going further West). :rolleyes:

My first wife and I often talked about emigrating. Unfortunately, I fear we have left it too late now.

If we were younger, or had children, I think we would be giving it serious consideration now. This country's had it, and no-one to blame but ourselves.

My only hope of ever emigrating, is to win the lottery. Believe me, if I won a few million on it, I would leave. The UK's f***d. Hell, Europe is f****d. Dunno where to go though? At least it would be somewhere warm and with less taxation than here. ;) ;) ;)

(somewhere that rewarded success, rather than kick you in the balls)

I'm fortunate in that respect Jockscott.

Lived, worked, and still have the opportunity to go back to America. Came back here for family, just one left here I love...

This 'c untry' is a shadow of the proud country my father and so many other brave men and women fought for and whom I have the greatest and utmost respect for! :cry: And our great forces today! (Mercenaries?)

But that country is gone, forever. What we are now is a separate thread...

But I don't vote so that makes me... (what my parents would not believe this country has become IMVHO).

Sponsored Links
Back