Votes: 10 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK lets find out how many on here are ignoring someone else.

Sponsored Links
It's pointless and won't last.

This ignore butt is a boring feture and makes it look very childish and the admins should remove this stright with.

Why not have a ignore this website button

Sponsored Links
Just had a thought, will those that have myself on their lists not see the poll and not be able to vote ;)

no, prats can be amusing. Infact I give more attention to the arguers...I love a good fight me :)

I said:
Just had a thought, will those that have myself on their lists not see the poll and not be able to vote

Durgo said:
no, prats can be amusing
Er actually I was wondering whether the poll was worthwhile or not but thanks for the compliment :LOL:

No one on my list yet, but I've just noticed that BOB is back.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

ingnore button is fairly pointless unless you are very thin skinned and dont accept other points of veiw

i fully agree with free speech without censorship unless the comments are personal or insight hatred

there are points of veiw that sicken me to the core but i wouldnt advocate censoring them as the best thing to put down a racist or other biggoted group is what comes out of there mouth

i fully agree with free speech without censorship unless the comments are personal or insight hatred

It's got nothing to do with censorship - at least not in the normal meaning of the word. If someone at your place of work talked absolute drivel, hour after hour, day after day, week after week, there could come a time when you would say enough is enough and give that person the cold shoulder. It's the same on this forum. If someone comes up with the same nonsense time, after time, after time, you may decide that enough is enough and give that person the cold shoulder by pressing your ignore button. The choice is yours.

I had my sad reason's to ignore softus a while back,
and wanted an ignore button'
then realised i already had it.
never used it,

You don't need it

an ignore button.........................................You don't need it

Speak for yourself 3L's. When a post is right there in front of you, it is very, very, difficult to ignore it. You think that it's going to be the same old drivel but you read it anyway. Then you discover that it is the same old drivel and you regret reading it in the first place.
When the post is not in front of you, ie when you have pressed the ignore button for that particular contributer, the temptation has gone. You could press your 'unignore' button, because there is still an indication that the post is there, but then you think that it's going to be the same old drivel and you don't.

I use the ignore button the same way the same way as I treat junk mail throug the letter box.

Maybe I will miss a little gem occasionally but based on the law of averages the stuff I ignore is mostly rubbish and goes for re-cycling where possible.

The ignore function is an admission that the poster you dislike is right and you can't prove otherwise. The reason the poster is ignored is that the ignored poster forces the would be ignorer to question their beliefs and preconceived ideas. Many people hold these ideals highly and simply won't entertain anything that questions them. Try talking to a devoutly religious person about their beliefs and they'll soon make a swift exit for the simple reason that you make cracks and fissures in their belief model that cause them grief. They can't help but admit they are wrong but simply don't want to accept that fact. The ignore button is just the same. Basically, it means the poster is putting their fingers in their ears, closing their eyes and going "la la la la la...." then thinking they've won the argument. I love that button, it's hilarious. It means that I can disassemble a posters argument without their even having a right to reply. It's great. It's like having Prime Minister's Question Time against a Prime Minister that is deaf, blind and mute.

no, Joe, it's like when you wander down the High Street shouting abuse at someone who isn't there.

Sponsored Links
Back