Have you anyone on your ignore list

• Yes

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sure you're not Softus?

Looking at your post following the one quoted gcol, there is a very strong resemblance between that and many of those posted by the great man himself. If you don't believe me, have a look at his back posts. Now if you think pjholybloke is HE and I think that your style of posting closely resembles the same guy, could it be that both you and pjhb are one in the same person, viz, Softus, who for reasons best known to yourselves, doesn't appear in print so often these days. I think that you posed that Q to pjhb just to confuse the situation.

:LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links

It isn't often that someone having a low estimate of their own importance has so much to say. Perhaps the 'H' in the above quote is a keying in error. Someone has already asked the question, "Are you sure you're not you-know-who?" and I must admit the same thought crossed my mind now and in the past. Are you aware that Admin are clamping down on the use of multiple usernames by members?

Hi bolo,

I don't have a low estimate of my own importance, I feel I'm equally as important as everybody else, but no more so :)

No typo, I just recognise that I'm fortunate to be able to have an opinion and somewhere to publish it, I have no intention of forcing it onto anybody else, and it's open to anyone to challenge and change if they make better sense to me than I do to myself.

I get the impression that you consider it pompous and pretentious to begin a post with "IMHO" and then go on to "say so much". Personally, I actually don't think I do say that much, but I do recognise that I use a lot of words to get there, sorry but I can't help it. :oops:

Finally, I AM Philip James Holyman b 26.03.67 Walsall, West Midlands. I am a kitchen, bedroom and bathroom fitter, I have no idea who Softus is, I have no desire to be him/her or for that manner anybody else, and neither do I have - or ever have had any intention of posting under another username.

I have nothing to hide, sorry to disappoint you. ;)

sure you're not Softus?

Looking at your post following the one quoted gcol, there is a very strong resemblance between that and many of those posted by the great man himself. If you don't believe me, have a look at his back posts. Now if you think pjholybloke is HE and I think that your style of posting closely resembles the same guy, could it be that both you and pjhb are one in the same person, viz, Softus, who for reasons best known to yourselves, doesn't appear in print so often these days. I think that you posed that Q to pjhb just to confuse the situation.

:LOL: :LOL:

bolo, behave yourself. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

If someone takes the time and effort to manifest their inner-self to other people (regardless of their actual content or intentions e.g. wind-up merchants), the very least we can do is to accept the actuality that whichever way you look at it - you will learn something about your fellow mankind, why deny yourself the opportunity to develop your understanding? It puts you at a disadvantage, surely?

I'm not sure everyone wants to get into psychology, pj. Maybe they get that stimulation in other areas of their lives and simply want to visit here for some help with their DIY. :)

:confused: :?:

Err, then why would they be in the general discussion forum on the subject of using an "ignore" feature?

Surely they wouldn't be so dense as to confuse this area of the site with all of the other quite specific and individually categorised DIY fora (made up word?) would they? :oops:

BTW It's not psychology, I don't know the first thing about that, It's my opinion on why I choose not to use the ignore feature. Whether or not anybody found/finds any "stimulation" from it is beyond me and is not the reason I wrote it. :p

Sponsored Links

Err, then why would they be in the general discussion forum on the subject of using an "ignore" feature?

Could be because they want to express an opinion on the feature itself.

Regarding psychology, it's study of the human mind, so regardless of how much or little you know about it, that is what you were talking about.

Could be because they want to express an opinion on the feature itself.

Regarding psychology, it's study of the human mind, so regardless of how much or little you know about it, that is what you were talking about.

Comme si, comme ca - peut etre. :LOL:

I must say that I prefer the forum with the ignore function. Those using it are the vocal few that no matter what proof you presented them with were simply incapable of changing their perspective on any subject (for the simple reason they didn't want to).

I've noticed that since their self-imposed semi exile they are posting less. Basically, they've removed themselves from the interesting threads because they can't tolerate an opinion that differs from their own. How sad is that?
I guess they'll either ignore the ignore button or drift away to a different forum (until someone comes along with a different opinion). It makes you wonder why they are in a discussion forum at all.

I wouldn't want to second guess who is using the button, or why they are doing so, with the exception of the honest few who (to be fair) have generously given their reasoning when they are not obliged to.

As I have clearly said, my own view on it is that if there is a discussion to be had, everybody should have the right to have their say and also be heard.

A good "row" is healthy as long as it doesn't degenerate into personal insults, my opinions have changed in the past as a result of starting off with a difference between mine and somebody else's - isn't that how it's supposed to be.

I must say that I prefer the forum with the ignore function. Those using it are the vocal few that no matter what proof you presented them with were simply incapable of changing their perspective on any subject (for the simple reason they didn't want to).

Basically, they've removed themselves from the interesting threads because they can't tolerate an opinion that differs from their own. How sad is that?
I guess they'll either ignore the ignore button or drift away to a different forum (until someone comes along with a different opinion). It makes you wonder why they are in a discussion forum at all.

opinion is one thing, blindly stating the same argument again and again without stopping to accept someone may actually know what they are talking about is quite another

would it be possible to only ignore persons in different sub forums ie read someone here in discussion but ignore them in ones own area of expertise?

Basically, they've removed themselves from the interesting threads because they can't tolerate an opinion that differs from their own. How sad is that?

opinion is one thing, blindly stating the same argument again and again without stopping to accept someone may actually know what they are talking about is quite another

Yes but it's YOU that doesn't know what they are talking about. I'm happy to take the 'mains first - battery first' argument into a technical level to prove you wrong but you admit you don't understand electronics theory enough to do that, so why are you pretending to be right? I am quoting from the manufactures official manual - so it's up to YOU to prove your case. Until that time I will continue to give posters the OFFICIAL line on the subject.

Yes but it's YOU that doesn't know what they are talking about. I'm happy to take the 'mains first - battery first' argument into a technical level to prove you wrong but you admit you don't understand electronics theory enough to do that, so why are you pretending to be right? I am quoting from the manufactures official manual - so it's up to YOU to prove your case. Until that time I will continue to give posters the OFFICIAL line on the subject.

see that there is the reason your the most " ignored" person on the forum

Sponsored Links
Back