Who's going to watch the King's speech ?

Pride. In the country we are privileged to live in.
It's not a privilege. I was born here & it is just as much my country as it is anyone else's.

I'm not proud of it either. How can you be proud of your local foodbank in 2022? How can you be proud of having to wait hours for a life saving ambulance? To take you to a hospital that is disintegrating by design? Of a school that churns out illiterate youth who are ill equipped for a life in the real world? That seems to have a problem with the definition of a woman? That still has the foul stench of corruption in its political system even after all that corruption has been exposed?

I'm not even a negative thinker type person, but I can list a lot more things that I cannot be proud of about my country.

Sponsored Links
If the experience is your want, then go to any of the public interactions that your king Charles attends. If you have the desire then the calendar is published 'somewhere'.

If you do, then you will discover there is a band of very dedicated people who attend such events to basically disrupt them.

Now that you know this watch carefully the TV coverage of these events, you might notice that the single most difficult job of a TV news cameraman is to not film the protest when he on walk-a-bouts !

Mixed feelings. I've always liked Charles for his style and love of tradition, but he, like the rest of our Royal Family, panders to modern liberal ideas. This makes him and them mundane, like any of the countless numbers spouting the same stuff. I will watch his speech but I expect it will be about saving the planet and how great the covid vaccines were. We need dash and flamboyance, the country would be better for it. I would prefer that Charles talk about the heroic deeds of his ancestors, the glories of the British Empire, his love of the Highlands, expensive hand made shoes and shooting, and of course God and The Church. I also think he should wear a periwig.

The "institution" of the Monarchy should continue for all eternity, even if the current placeholders are disappointing.

Sponsored Links
I guess you’ll just have to stay here and whine then.
Well funnily enough we had to put up with all those xenophobes/racists whining for more than four decades after we joined Europe...

It won't take that long before we are back in!

Luckily enough our children and any children they have will be able to have freedom of movement...

How about your kids and grandkids?

Will they be able to work in 30 other countries without a specific visa for each one, or wander around for more than 90 days in every 180 days in Europe without a another bunch of visas?

We wont be re-joining.
We will...

And probably before the end of the decade there will be another vote...

Because the cult of brexit has already been proven to be a total failure, and the next generation will overturn the stupidity of the wrinklies!

Will they be able to work in 30 other countries without a specific visa for each one, or wander around for more than 90 days in every 180 days in Europe without an another bunch of visas?
Would they want to? Why do you always assume that anybody in the UK that wants to work abroad wants to work only in Europe? There is a whole world out there, much of which is a damn sight more interesting than Europe.

It won't take that long before we are back in!
How long do you reckon then - care to stick your neck out and put a time frame on it? Mind you, you’ve been saying the NHS is going private for the last ten years and no sign of that happening yet either. Stop clutching at straws and making soppy predictions.

Also those in hospital because of the flu now outnumber those in hospital with the 'virus'...
From your article, "Flu is hospitalising nearly 60 times more people this year than last winter, official figures show as the NHS continues to be battered by the virus.

NHS England data show an average of 1,939 people with flu were in hospital each day last week.

It was up 67 per cent on the 1,162 recorded the previous week and 57 times higher than the 32 recorded at the same point in 2021.
Although still lower than Covid, the flu figure was also a sharp increase on the daily average of 480 at the end of November.".

Sponsored Links
Back