Who's going to watch the King's speech ?

The Queen will be a big act to follow.
I liked Charles when he was a Prince.
King Charles does not sound right.
I guess the younger generation will get used to it.

Sponsored Links
So that’s a 'no' from you then? Okay, I respect your decision, at least you didn’t feel the need to abuse anyone that has a different view from you. (y)
Not abusing you, well, not more than usual. I just really don't understand what people get out of it?

I might watch a recording of it to see if he references any of the family and if so which ones ;)

Not for one sec would I wish them any harm, however I believe the monarchy is an outdated concept and a longer term strategy (e.g. 20 years) should be implemented for the abolition of it.

Btw I'm not getting into debates about the tourist income they generate, all the good they do etc. The above is my view, of which I am entitled to hold, and I won't be deviating from it ;)

Sponsored Links
In my house since I was a kid Christmas day dinner would always be set on the table for the queen's speech.

We'd watch the queen's speech then tuck in.

Since moving out I have continued this tradition and will continue to do so now it's the king.

I do like tradition though that doesn't mean I'm stuck in the past.

We all have differing ideas and traditions and they should all be respected whether you agree with them or not.

Received pronunciation (aka the Queens English) grates on me. Can't stand to listen to it. A hat and a standard lamp becomes a 'het end a stendard lemp' etc. Basically a German accent as befitting those pampered sauerkrauts. One day Charlie will be held to account for his crime. Diana's death was a professional hit no doubt about it.

My late FIL was a full on royalist, talked about the time Queen Mary? drove through the village and all the school kids had to line up and wave flags, watched the Queens speech without fail, but when his diamond wedding anniversary was imminent he said if the card comes from Charles its going in the bin.

Most years you could at least take pride that the pensioner In question had made it another year. But they've blown that and had to recast it.

Sponsored Links
Back