Who's going to watch the King's speech ?

Sponsored Links
Each one should be driven out of his constituency by a mob, be paraded naked through the streets and be pelted with excrement.
Now where have I heard thst sort of thing before? :unsure:

Are you sure you aren't Jeremy Clarkson?

God for Harry, England and St George, God Save The King (and for those ignorant peasants out there Harry doesn't mean Harry as in Netflix)

Sponsored Links
I saw the speech, personally thought it was good, nothing extraordinary but much better than I was expecting, and not to dissimilar to what I imagine old Queenie would have said.

I did wonder whether Charles writes his own speeches or a speech writer does it for him

I saw the speech, personally thought it was good, nothing extraordinary but much better than I was expecting, and not to dissimilar to what I imagine old Queenie would have said.

I did wonder whether Charles writes his own speeches or a speech writer does it for him
Why employ a whole team of PR bods and knock up a speech yourself?

Why employ a whole team of PR bods and knock up a speech yourself?

Having Googled apparently the late queen wrote her own speeches with help from Philip,

Though there is no mention about whether Charles did his own today.

The text was largely written by the Queen herself, sometimes with assistance from Prince Philip and her staff

So I didn't miss anything. Ta!

Here ya go...<iframe width="400" height="500" frameborder="0" src="https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av-embeds/64089749"></iframe>

I thought he looked nervous but managed to get through it well enough. All those years preparing to be King doesn't prepare you for the moment in becoming a King and he's going to need all the help he can get - i'm looking forward to the Coronation just for all the whine to be made from Republican sour grapes.:p

Last edited:
A record 10.6 million viewers watched Charles’s broadcast on BBC One, BBC Two and ITV, making it the most watched programme on Christmas Day. An average of 8.1 million viewers watched the broadcast on BBC One, with 1.58 million tuning into ITV and 929,000 watching on BBC Two, which included sign language.

@TheGuardian.com

As baffling as that may seem to Republicans, can someone explain to me how 'The Wheel' found 4.8 million viewers?o_O

As baffling as that may seem to Republicans, can someone explain to me how 'The Wheel' found 4.8 million viewers?

OOI, what is classed as "viewing"?

I ask as how many people are counted as such, when what they've actually done is just turn the goggle box on out of habit, and not watch it at all?

Not knowing and not checking, but I'd guess that The Wheel was on at prime time on B1, so shed loads of tellies would have been on at the time, yet were not being watched.

Sponsored Links
Back