Why do Dyson hoovers cost so much?

If you lay your hands on a "Which" report you'll find the Mieles at the top of the best buys.

But not the Dysons.

Sponsored Links
On Dyson moving to Malaysia, I do have some sympathy.

My employer is a privately-owned company. We are expanding fast and have lots of lolly in the bank. About 18 months ago we began applying for planning permission to build a massive new factory, which will triple our production capacity. The local council have done everything humanly possible to hinder, baulk, frustrate and annoy us. They have put every possible obstacle in our way and been as awkward and argumentative as possible. Our CEO admitted to me recently that even giving the planning and environmental people the benefit of the doubt, he has come to believe over the last 18 months that they actually resent us because we have lots of cash and are paid more than them.

My own belief is that local authorities are the refuge for the incompetent "professionals" who can't get jobs in private industry and who feel the need to exert their muscle and prove their importance.

Almost anywhere else in the world the local authorities would drop their trousers for such a big investment, which explains why Dyson naffed off to Malaysia in disgust. (Profit would have been another consideration, undeniably.)

Dyson made a good move moving to the far east.
Labour denied the company room to expand here in the UK which would have created more jobs so he just gave them the kick in the teeth they needed.
Its a typical british success story imo let down as usual by muppets in government.
Wrong.
The land into which Dyson wanted to expand was privately owned.
The owner refused to sell!

Sponsored Links
On Dyson moving to Malaysia, I do have some sympathy.

Almost anywhere else in the world the local authorities would drop their trousers for such a big investment, which explains why Dyson naffed off to Malaysia in disgust. (Profit would have been another consideration, undeniably.)

There are plently of local authorities in the UK desperate to attract investment and would have welcomed Dyson with open arms. He did not need to go to Malaysia.
Lets not kid ourselves it was the cheap labour. Greed. British workers got him where he was . He let them down badly.

Back