Why does anything have to be about Racism

If Gender, race, religion ect. are covered under hate crime legislation, what about if someone is physically attacked because of their political beliefs, should that not come under the heading of hate crime.
The bloke who threw a milkshake at Farage should have been charged with hate crime.

Sponsored Links
If Gender, race, religion ect. are covered under hate crime legislation, what about if someone is physically attacked because of their political beliefs, should that not come under the heading of hate crime.
The bloke who threw a milkshake at Farage should have been charged with hate crime.

Sir G.

We are not discussing and I am not disputing what are 'hate crimes'.

I repeat. I wrote:
"Good luck getting a racist motive accepted (or even considered) for crimes against a white person."

You replied with a document, you presumably thought contradicted my statement, which stated there were 94,643 attacks on white people.
Ten times as many as against non-white.

It is true that this number is stated under a heading of racially motivated hate crimes but it cannot be the case that they are all racially motivated because, as you and it say, it includes "disability, race, religion, sexual orientation or transgender identity" therefore we do not know how many actually were racially motivated.

You will note that it has 'race' as a separate category among the others and there is no indication of how many of the 94,643 were for any of the categories.

Are there any cases where people have been taken to court charged with racial discrimination against a white person?

Oh my word. You really cannot even accept you are wrong. You obviously did not read the report - it's all there, try reading the first few pages. It explains it all in there.

I suggest you end digging yourself into a deeper hole.

You made a willfully flippant statement which I expected was more in jest than real belief but the fact you keep doubling down when you are wrong, well that's more absurd.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/hate-crime-england-and-wales-2017-to-2018

All the raw data and tables are there. The report summarises it well enough.

It's not considered a protected characteristic as far as I know.

Sponsored Links
Oh my word. You really cannot even accept you are wrong. You obviously did not read the report - it's all there, try reading the first few pages. It explains it all in there.
I am not going to read it all to discover what words mean. Be more specific if you wish.

I read the relevant part to which you first referred and have discounted it.

I suggest you end digging yourself into a deeper hole.
https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/hate-crime-england-and-wales-2017-to-2018
All the raw data and tables are there. The report summarises it well enough.
So, you agree with Himmy and Bas that all crimes are racist.

or -

I deduce from what you say that you think gay people are a different race.

I am not going to read it all to discover what words mean. Be more specific if you wish.

I read the relevant part to which you first referred and have discounted it.

So, you agree with Himmy and Bas that all crimes are racist.

or -

I deduce from what you say that you think gay people are a different race.

Discounted it. If you live in a parallel universe.

Based on data from the CSEW for 2015/16 to 2017/18, it is estimated that there were 101,000
incidents of racially motivated hate crime per year
(Appendix Table 3.01). Most incidents (66,000)
were personal crimes (such as assault or personal theft offences). From these combined surveys, 0.2
per cent of adults were estimated to be victims of a racially motivated hate crime in the 12 months
prior to interview.

Adults in non-White ethnic groups were more likely to be victims of a racially motivated hate crime
than White adults (for example, 1.1% of Asian and 0.6% of Black adults compared with 0.1% of White
adults,
2015/16 to 2017/18 CSEW). This is a similar to the difference in the likelihood of victimisation
for overall CSEW crime (of which hate crime incidents are a subset), where adults from non-white
Hate Crime, England and Wales, 2017/18
ethnic groups were more likely to be victims than white adults (16% of adults from an Asian ethnic
group and 17% of those from a Black ethnic group were victims of crime compared with 14% of White
adults; Table 5).
Table 3.3: Percentage of adults aged 16 and over who were victims of racially-motivated hate
crime and all CSEW crime, by ethnic group, 2015/16 to 2017/18, CSEW

Which of that you cannot understand.

Also I linked to the raw data with the breakdown which you obviously will not check as you know that you are categorically wrong.

Now making up straw man argument.

Wow you truly cannot accept you are wrong. That's on you but its all here for everyone to see how truly wrong you are.

Based on data from the CSEW for 2015/16 to 2017/18, it is estimated that there were 101,000
incidents of racially motivated hate crime per year
(Appendix Table 3.01). Most incidents (66,000)
were personal crimes (such as assault or personal theft offences). From these combined surveys, 0.2
per cent of adults were estimated to be victims of a racially motivated hate crime in the 12 months
prior to interview.

Adults in non-White ethnic groups were more likely to be victims of a racially motivated hate crime
than White adults (for example, 1.1% of Asian and 0.6% of Black adults compared with 0.1% of White
adults,
2015/16 to 2017/18 CSEW). This is a similar to the difference in the likelihood of victimisation
for overall CSEW crime (of which hate crime incidents are a subset), where adults from non-white
Hate Crime, England and Wales, 2017/18
ethnic groups were more likely to be victims than white adults (16% of adults from an Asian ethnic
group and 17% of those from a Black ethnic group were victims of crime compared with 14% of White
adults; Table 5).
Table 3.3: Percentage of adults aged 16 and over who were victims of racially-motivated hate
crime and all CSEW crime, by ethnic group, 2015/16 to 2017/18, CSEW
Which of that you cannot understand.
That which does not tally with the figures in the chart.

upload_2019-8-28_15-21-38-png.170331

When non-whites make up ~20% of the population but only suffer ~10% of the "racially motivated hate crimes"

but - you still seem to be missing the point I am querying.

What are all these "racially motivated hate crimes" against white people?

Obviously, if a black person goes out with the sole intent of beating up a white person that would be a "racially motivated hate crime".
So, are you telling me that there were ten times as many of these crimes against white people and they are all carried out by non-white people? That would lead in a previous post to where I said it must mean that non-white people are, pro-rata, fifty times more prevalent in these types of attack.
I don't think you are telling me that (nor do I think it is the case) therefore some of the so-called "racially motivated hate crimes" are not actually "racially motivated".

That is, unless you think that a bunch of white yobs going out bashing white gay people (or any of the other categories) counts as "racially motivated" - which it does NOT.

That which does not tally with the figures in the chart.

upload_2019-8-28_15-21-38-png.170331

When non-whites make up ~20% of the population but only suffer ~10% of the "racially motivated hate crimes"

but - you still seem to be missing the point I am querying.

What are all these "racially motivated hate crimes" against white people?

Obviously, if a black person goes out with the sole intent of beating up a white person that would be a "racially motivated hate crime".
So, are you telling me that there were ten times as many of these crimes against white people and they are all carried out by non-white people? That would lead in a previous post to where I said it must mean that non-white people are, pro-rata, fifty times more prevalent in these types of attack.
I don't think you are telling me that (nor do I think it is the case) therefore some of the so-called "racially motivated hate crimes" are not actually "racially motivated".

That is, unless you think that a bunch of white yobs going out bashing white gay people (or any of the other categories) counts as "racially motivated" - which it does NOT.

Racism fascinates you doesn't it.??

Not really.

It's the misuse of words generally that irritates me - but especially when done for political purposes or gain.

Is this another one (or perhaps two?) toward this year's "racially motivated hate crimes" against people of whiteness?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-49497387

Nottinghamshire Police said: "A hate incident has been reported and officers are continuing to investigate.
We'd like to thank the victim for reporting and we will be providing the appropriate support to them."

Good job they're not too busy.

Sponsored Links
Back