Why is gas boiler installation so costly?

so.... a £400 combi with flue.....?

Send me a link please, or is this bull?

Mr. W.

Sponsored Links
Around here I will rip an old combi off the wall and put you a nice
new 30kw combi on the wall for £900 all in.

A quote for £2000 around where I live would be shown the door
straight away. They are all broke around here.

Im so glad Im not as desperate as you.

Sponsored Links
Anteaus
Or, am I missing some other costs?

I know what my local Bistro costs but obviously you know how much a local brothel costs, there I'm in the dark I DON'T have those sort of other costs.

What job do you do and how much do you earn a year including holidays, bank holidays, sickness pension etc. Come on lets have a comparison, tell us what you do and earn.

I dont know pablo... the average income of paper pushers is in many cases higher than that of plumbers and heating engineers..pensions, regular pay packets, paid holidays, health care, regular hours, etc things the self employed can only dream of....

I dont know pablo... the average income of paper pushers is in many cases higher than that of plumbers and heating engineers..pensions, regular pay packets, paid holidays, health care, regular hours, etc things the self employed can only dream of....

Good point i forgot those things! Things taken for granted by PAYE employees.

I suppose a fairer question would :

What is a reasonable profit margin?

But its funny how no civilian ever asked that. Do they ask a restaurant how much a bottle of plonk cost? Exactly.

Yet most people know an £8 bottle will be £35 or maybe £40

Come on OP. Lets have a bbreakdown of your income and outgoings?

Good point i forgot those things! Things taken for granted by PAYE employees.

Not forgetting "employment rights "

Around here I will rip an old combi off the wall and put you a nice
new 30kw combi on the wall for £900 all in.

A quote for £2000 around where I live would be shown the door
straight away. They are all broke around here.

Im so glad Im not as desperate as you.

Not a case of desperate simply market forces.
Try your expensive quotes around here and you will not get any work.
I do a few expensive jobs. But generally people just want and can afford cheap.

Okay, so done little enquiring elsewhwere, and seems that private gasfitters typically charge about £50ph or upwards of £250 a day, which I would have thought was fairly reasonable. A far cry from a couple of thousand for a day's work, though.

i could replace a boiler in a day, wouldnt work past its warranty tho.

who did you ring? mcbodgit and macscarper? :D

Okay, so done little enquiring elsewhwere, and seems that private gasfitters typically charge about £50ph or upwards of £250 a day, which I would have thought was fairly reasonable. A far cry from a couple of thousand for a day's work, though.

yes the prices charged are labour cost's they don't make the thousands profit you may think, overhead cost's as petit pablo has pointed out will account for around 40% of this quote material's about another 30% and a meagre 15% profit and 15% labour cost's, so therefor a profit of 15% after all other bills are paid that's £450 in my calculation and don't forget that isn't just for the 8 hours he has spent in your house that profit takes into account the free time he gave you for quoting the job and 2-3 hours paperwork after completion. Not so expensive now is it!

Good or bad, solicitors will be billing you from anywhere between £180.00 - £350.00 per hour depending where solicitors are located in the country.but no one dies when a solicitor makes a mistake,

an RGI who charges decent money is not in a rush to get to the next job, therefore is less likely to make mistakes. i wonder what price you put on your kids heads?

hahah gas fitters comparing themselves to solicitors. Hilarious.

If the kwik fit mechanic puts the wheel on wrong it could put your kids in danger, but you wouldn't expect to pay him £200 for changing a tyre. Get your heads out your backside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back