"Dave?"
"YEAH!!"
"Dave?"
"Right man, it's Dave, will you open the door?"
"Dave's not here..."

? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Dave9 said:
The case must be optional, i cant the case playing any role in electricity side apart from safety

Actually, it does play a role. The earthed metal next to the tube helps starting and keeping the arc stable. It's the capacitance between the tube and the earthed case that helps.

No earthed case & you may get flickering, especially if the temperature's low - in a greenhouse for example.

An alternative is to use a high frequency electronic controller, but what you show isn't electronic.

Dave9 said:
ban-all-sheds said:
"Open up, man, it's Dave"
"Who?"
"It's Dave"
"Who?"
"Dave, man, it's Dave - open up"
"Who?"
"DAVE, IT'S DAVE - OPEN THE GODDAM DOOR"
"Dave?"
"Yeah"
"Dave?"
"YEAH!!"
"Dave?"
"Right man, it's Dave, will you open the door?"
"Dave's not here..."

? :rolleyes:

Here is the translation "Is there anybody in there?

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
just (a) dope?

Is that just a insult or a question?

I dont like egotists, especailly people who thrive off others weaknesses in order to satisfy their own ego.

And if it makes any difference, i dont sell what i grow, its mostly for my own personal use (moderately)

:confused:

pdcelec said:
Anyway, dont you think that you will require infra red lamps and not florries?

Not really, infrared its the wrong spectrum for vegative growth.
Florries are perfect.

we did a biology experiment at school and in the absence of a greenhouse and good weather, someone at physics had wired up a load of PRE-MADE fluorescent lamps in a metal frame to stand over the plants we were growing. Going back a few years, that! ;) and we weren't producing drugs either ;)

Dave9 said:
hi, i've wired up a fluorescent just to see if it works.
When i switched it on, my house cutout, and i had to flip the switch on the main box to get the electricity working upstairs...

That's because you've joined live and neutral together (as far as I can tell from looking at the picture) which means a short which blows the mcb.

HandyJon said:
Dave9 said:
hi, i've wired up a fluorescent just to see if it works.
When i switched it on, my house cutout, and i had to flip the switch on the main box to get the electricity working upstairs...

That's because you've joined live and neutral together (as far as I can tell from looking at the picture) which means a short which blows the mcb.

Thanks, yeh the fuse in the plug blew, i dont know if my ballast is ok or not.

Im definately gonna give it another go, but i will however look into it first.
Thanks

Dave9 said:
andy said:
i think he ment the MCB tripped....

yep happens all the time when i try my electric experiments :evil:

its just a safety box or so im told/

Anyways as much as i really would like to buy the whole kit, i need a cheap way of doing this, i know it can be done, i just need to know how:

My ballast has 4 hole's
my lamp holder has 2 hole's
the capacitor has 2 notch things.

Question is, can someone please draw me a simple diagram of where to put the live and neutral wires, thanks to anyone who helps, appreciated.

PS: there's no symols on any of the parts, only the ballast.

here a pic of it... it looks like theres only 2 holes, BUT there is "4 holes"

ball8jq.jpg

please someone help, i have wired stuff like this before, but it wasnt so complicated... last week i wired a thermostat to a heater and a couple of mh lights.
========================================
Your layout wired wrong don't blow your house!!!
:LOL:
diagramballast.jpg

-------------------------------------- :rolleyes: James -------------------------------

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back