Wired a fluorescent.. wont work !

Dave9 said:
I was told @ TLC direct that i could power 4-5 lamps with this choke... i dont know who to believe anymore.

Pantomime season :LOL:

OH NO YOU CAN'T :D

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You misunderstand.

People are not laughing at you because you are a noob.

They are laughing at you because you are an idiot who will not listen.

Thanks,
yes but you keep telling me to buy stuff, I dont want to buy the kit, i cannot afford it...

i want to make this work myself. Isn't that the point of this forum?

Why does this forum even exist if your not gonna DIY?

you know for a fact that its possible, but why do you persist in not providing me the info i need to get this up and running... instead refer me to pre built equipment thus cutting out the whole aspect of diy electricity.

Now i understand electricity is very dangerous, i would not attempt DIY a main box of the house or anything highly powered, cause i know i shouldnt be fiddling with stuff like that.

This is just a simple light and the worst thing that could happen is my parts burn out, nobody is going to die, thats ridiculous... you know it & i know it.

Ps if it makes you feel better, most stuff i try to botch up is done in the garden via a extension lead, im standing at least 20ft away when i try it out.

I admit i am new to electricity, i cannot think for myself, if i am illustrated then i can copy and get the job done.

Edit: I do not wish for this conversation turning into a slugfest.

Dave9 said:
Thanks,
yes but you keep telling me to buy stuff, I dont want to buy the kit, i cannot afford it....

Dave9 said:
Can someone please draw me a complex diagram, I WILL PAY YOU FOR HELPING ME... plz im desperate. .

Something does not add up here dont you think?

pdcelec said:
Something does not add up here dont you think?

Well it does if you knew the situation... im hoping to power 10 of these lamps... the case costs 14.99 each... 10x that = 150.00

a few ballasts, wire, starters for 10 = £30-£50
£10 for advice...

B&Q = £150
DIY = £50

How does it "Add Up Now" ?

Dave9 said:
This is just a simple light and the worst thing that could happen is my parts burn out, nobody is going to die, thats ridiculous... you know it & i know it.

There you go again, showing just how ignorant you are.

let me ask you this.

if a flourecent tube is (in your case) 2 foot long, how do you suppose that mains (230v) initially gets from one end to the other?

answer is it cant, when a tube "strikes" you get several pulses of a couple of THOUSAND volts Now you tell me that wont kill you.

its your ignorance and the fact that you do not believe what you are being told the truth that is frustrating

You are an accident waiting to happen

if you believe that the worst that can happen is you only melt a few things, click here

yes its not going to happen in your house, but it shows what electricity can do.

as i and others have said you do not want to listen, i just assume it must be becuse you are stupid and thick

Dave9 said:
im hoping to power 10 of these lamps

all wired up with bare soldered joints and scraps of wire that you found in bins? What exactly are you planning to use these lights for? Are you aware that all those joints and scraps of wire must be enclosed? How were you planning to achieve this? And how are you going to mount the tube itself?

When that circuit breaker trips, it is not funny. This means you had THIRTY TWO AMPS running through those wires, did you know it takes less than THIRTY MILLIAMPS (0.03amps) to KILL?

crafty1289 said:
This means you had THIRTY TWO AMPS running through those wires

would probably been more than that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back