working for bg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

First of all, long time reader first time poster,

i love this website as everyone seems to be helpful and informative.

I'm a CORGI registered gas engineer (been registered since this time last year) After speaking to a couple of relatives who have been withBG for a number of years. I'm finding my self drawn to British Gas and all the perks that come with working for a company like this.

How do i go about finding out what jobs are available as either a trainee servicing fitter or a qualified trainee fitter? The academy website is always showing no vacancies for my poscode

My experiance is purely servicing and CP12 issuing as this is what i enjoy.

Would BG be interested in me picking up some of their backlog on the servicing and annual visits side and how do i find out who to contact regarding this?

Sponsored Links
Your best bet would be for one of your relatives who works for Bg to put your name forward to his manager, that is the easiest way in by miles.

I've been searching for an opening with BG (as an apprentice) since 2003 and the postcode search is stupid - not one vacancie for my area for any kind of job.

ask the people already with BG to recommend you for an interview - defo the best bet.

Sponsored Links
bster said:
I've been searching for an opening with BG (as an apprentice) since 2003 and the postcode search is stupid - not one vacancie for my area for any kind of job.

Ah, for it to be 1970 again ...was given a choice then :eek: , BG, BT(post office telephones).........any thing you fancied .......Free Universities :LOL: ...beer+ music was shyte tho`..apart from Real Ales + Floyd ;)

Aye, the good old GPO. Who told YOU where your phone was going to be installed (in the hall, wonder why??)

not our ones....on the Downs...we trained them well :eek: next time you holiday in Sussex.....watch them .........they back up to the fencing :eek: :p :mad:

Sponsored Links
Back