upload_2020-9-20_18-3-34.jpeg

bit of sand

Sponsored Links
You have way more patience than me. I would've been back to the hire place after 5 min. for a replacement and a discount.

Sponsored Links
Only got charged £20 for the wacker. I picked it up Wednesday last week. They collected this morning. Not bad at all considering the length of time.

Concrete is due in less than an hour. Very nervous. I’m doing the pour Solo. Hoping the wagon driver knows how wet to make it to help make it easier for me

Last edited:
upload_2020-9-24_14-12-43.jpeg

Bodged together a tamping beam to level out with. 3x2 with a 3x1 to stiffen. 50mm angle iron screwed to it to add some weight.

Literally just had a message off the concrete company while loathing the above saying they are running late and won’t turn up til 6. Should have been 3. Had to cancel due to me leaving for work at 6.30. B0110cks!:mad:

Reading all this with interest. Keep it coming!
Thanks. I’ll do my best. Just want to get a slab down before the weather turns. Then it will be steady going when I get time here and there.

Last edited:
Literally just had a message off the concrete company while loathing the above saying they are running late and won’t turn up til 6. Should have been 3. Had to cancel due to me leaving for work at 6.30. B0110cks!:mad:

Welcome to the pain of builders -lucky for you, youve not got a team of labourers standing by.
been there done that.

in reality youve been bumped for a regular builder who has more leverage.......

Yeah you’re probably right. There an out of town company so probably couldn’t be arsed today lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back