Sponsored Links
So concrete is booked back in for tomorrow at 1pm. Got £50 quid knocked off the for the messing around. Result. The dpm and shuttering has a fair bit of water in it. Obviously I will try get most of it out but is it ok if it’s not all out??? Thanks

upload_2020-9-29_14-42-15.jpeg

the pour started. Brick sh!thouse Eastern European chap. Lovely lad.

Sponsored Links
upload_2020-9-29_14-44-23.jpeg

3m3 c25 grade with nothing to spare. Maybe could have done with a touch more... but it’s a workshop base and an averaging depth of 4-5” I think it will be reet.

Last edited:
upload_2020-9-29_14-46-13.jpeg

My make shift tamping length was pretty faultless. Had a bit of flex on it which was good as the timber bowed upwards by an inch or so over the length so I could get a good bounce on it to tamp it down.

Last edited:
He arrived at 1 on the dot. And was gone by 1.50. Took him 10-15 mins to position the wagon down the drive as it’s a bit tight for a big wagon to manoeuvre. He wasn’t sure he’d get in but I told him the stone wagon was as big and managed it. And I directed him about to get the swing required.

https://m.facebook.com/Readymixconcreteyorkshireandlincolnshire/

this is the company I used. They cover Yorkshire and Lincolnshire but I think it’s a national firm with sites all over.

I’d use them again when we get into the house extension work.

£298.80 final price.

Small retaining wall that give way when the wagon was leaving. Not a big deal as it will be removed at some point in the future. but he was too close to it and it probably shouldn't have happened

Attachments

• upload_2020-9-29_14-54-15.jpeg
    upload_2020-9-29_14-54-15.jpeg
    810.8 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Little blacky sunning it up. Site foreman decided to bit the nice mans hand on arrival

Attachments

• upload_2020-9-29_19-58-32.jpeg
    upload_2020-9-29_19-58-32.jpeg
    718.3 KB · Views: 203

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back