World's largest shroud covers Britain's shame

Gosh, who could have foreseen such a thing?

"Similar fires
The following are similar fires that spread through exterior wall assemblies (cladding, insulation, wall) containing combustible components. Most of them involved
high-rise buildings.

United Kingdom and Isle of Man

The 2005
Harrow Court fire in Stevenage caused three deaths.
  • 1973 Summerland disaster – leisure centre fire in Douglas, Isle of Man, worsened by the ignition of flammable acrylic sheeting covering the building, led to at least 50 deaths.[367][368]
  • 1991 Knowsley Heights fire – a fire in a tower block in Liverpool that had recently been fitted with rain screen cladding spread from the bottom to the top of the building via the 90 mm air gap behind the cladding.[369][370]
  • 1999 Garnock Court fire – the fire in a tower block in Irvine, North Ayrshire, spread rapidly up combustible cladding,[167] resulting in one death and four injured.[371] The incident led to a parliamentary inquiry into the fire risk of external cladding and a change of the law in Scotland in 2005 requiring any cladding to inhibit the spread of fire.[372]
  • 2005 Harrow Court fire – in a tower block in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, led to three deaths.[373]
  • 2009 Lakanal House fire – in a tower block in Camberwell, South London, led to six deaths and at least twenty injured; an inquest "found the fire spread unexpectedly fast, both laterally and vertically, trapping people in their homes, with the exterior cladding panels burning through in just four and a half minutes."[374]
  • 2016 Shepherd's Court fire – in a tower block in Shepherd's Bush, West London, a faulty tumble-dryer caught fire on the seventh floor, 19 August 2016. The fire spread up six floors on the outside of the building, which is owned by Hammersmith and Fulham Council. There were no fatalities but some suffered smoke inhalation. This led to the London Fire Brigade commissioning a report which showed external panels probably spread the fire. In May 2017, LFB warned all 33 London councils to review the use of panels and "take appropriate action to mitigate the fire risk."[375][376][377][378]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grenfell_Tower_fire#Similar_fires

If only we had some kind of official body with the power for setting out rules for the construction of buildings. We could call them "The Construction Rules" or something similar. Why did nobody think of it before?

Sponsored Links
Gosh, who could have foreseen such a thing?

"Similar fires
The following are similar fires that spread through exterior wall assemblies (cladding, insulation, wall) containing combustible components. Most of them involved
high-rise buildings.

United Kingdom and Isle of Man

The 2005
Harrow Court fire in Stevenage caused three deaths.
  • 1973 Summerland disaster – leisure centre fire in Douglas, Isle of Man, worsened by the ignition of flammable acrylic sheeting covering the building, led to at least 50 deaths.[367][368]
  • 1991 Knowsley Heights fire – a fire in a tower block in Liverpool that had recently been fitted with rain screen cladding spread from the bottom to the top of the building via the 90 mm air gap behind the cladding.[369][370]
  • 1999 Garnock Court fire – the fire in a tower block in Irvine, North Ayrshire, spread rapidly up combustible cladding,[167] resulting in one death and four injured.[371] The incident led to a parliamentary inquiry into the fire risk of external cladding and a change of the law in Scotland in 2005 requiring any cladding to inhibit the spread of fire.[372]
  • 2005 Harrow Court fire – in a tower block in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, led to three deaths.[373]
  • 2009 Lakanal House fire – in a tower block in Camberwell, South London, led to six deaths and at least twenty injured; an inquest "found the fire spread unexpectedly fast, both laterally and vertically, trapping people in their homes, with the exterior cladding panels burning through in just four and a half minutes."[374]
  • 2016 Shepherd's Court fire – in a tower block in Shepherd's Bush, West London, a faulty tumble-dryer caught fire on the seventh floor, 19 August 2016. The fire spread up six floors on the outside of the building, which is owned by Hammersmith and Fulham Council. There were no fatalities but some suffered smoke inhalation. This led to the London Fire Brigade commissioning a report which showed external panels probably spread the fire. In May 2017, LFB warned all 33 London councils to review the use of panels and "take appropriate action to mitigate the fire risk."[375][376][377][378]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grenfell_Tower_fire#Similar_fires

If only we had some kind of official body with the power for setting out rules for the construction of buildings. We could call them "The Construction Rules" or something similar. Why did nobody think of it before?

So what you saying is that fires occured in:

Under a labour government and they did nothing about it......

Oh the shame. Shame old hipocrisy from the left and their rabble.

Btw have any of the illegals accepted a home yet, or are they still lording it up in some 5 star gaff?

Oh the shame. Shame old hipocrisy from the left and their rabble.

Btw have any of the illegals accepted a home yet, or are they still lording it up in some 5 star gaff?
Nah, apparently frightened that they might lose some benefits.

Sponsored Links
Mrs May made a mistake when she falsely claimed in parliament that these fire-risk cladding systems were a recent innovation. No doubt she will be apologising for her error.
When hell freezes over.

she even ascribed responsibility to the Blair government. Let's check that. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_general_election,_1983

So what you saying is that fires occurred in:

Under a labour government and they did nothing about it......

so what you are saying is that nobody need take responsibility.

so what you are saying is that nobody need take responsibility.

The illegal subletters should take responsiblity. As should the people being in the country fraudulently and unlawfully.

And if as you are suggesting by posting (despite your previous contention that your posts do not imply any sort of suggestion) then if it's a government responsibility, its with the previous labour governments.

I'm not sure who takes responsibility for the residents not wanting to move into new homes because of losing benefits though. That's a tough one. But I'm sure that will be someone elses fault and responsibility, just need to pin it down on "someone".

The illegal subletters should take responsiblity. As should the people being in the country fraudulently and unlawfully.

I am 100% certain that the people you mention did not take the decision to fix flammable cladding to high-rise buildings.

I am 100% certain that you know it too, and are simply making a fatuous suggestion. Probably because you are a malicious idiot.

because you are a malicious idiot.

My mental state does not change the fact that there was unlawful subletting and unlawful occupation, and people refusing offers of rehousing purely so they can skank the system even more.

On the subject of idiocy, you must know that approved cladding, be it insulation or strips of that highly flamable stuff .... wood, is err, approved and the decision to fit it is not for low grade idiots to question.

My mental state ....

causes you to focus on rumours that are nothing to do with the severity of the fire or the terrible death and destruction it caused. I don't suppose you even care that open space around the building for emergency access was later blocked with buildings.

I don't suppose you even care that open space around the building for emergency access was later blocked with buildings.

Seems to me that there were no issues with access to the building grounds. But I don't know how one blocks an access with a building. Do you mean like someone left a building on the road?

It's rumoured that there will be around twenty more deaths confirmed, so the total will top a hundred. Identities are by now being found by sifting through the ashes for such things as traces of dentures or pieces of artificial hips.

It is said that nobody can tell how many people made up some of the stains.

Children and babies leave particularly little.

The Metropolitan police have announced the final death toll as 79

What a terrible uneccessary tragedy. I listened to that Italian couple whose daughter died, explaining how their daughter rang them numerous times, the last time she knew she was going to die and spent those last few minutes saying her goodbyes.

Sponsored Links
Back