You! yes I am talking to you, are you responsible for this dreadful crime?

Never mind nuclear wars ( remember the Cold War) When the oil runs out, and the plastics that were made from it have decimated food chains. That will be the end. We're at peak oil use now and it's only been going for a century, how many centuries left ?

Sponsored Links
Some places, if you get a skip, you come out next morning and it's stuffed.

Sponsored Links
then it is your duty to campaign locally for her to be voted out

how so ?

My duty does not extend to voting in local elections , or general elections for that matter

blimey last time I voted in a general election was when Kinnock was in charge of labour

:)

If you were a loyal British Citizen, it would be your duty to work for a better Britain.

Obviously not.

And if you were a person who actually cared, and wanted to make your borough better, you would not just be moaning and grumbling on internet forums.

Obviously not.

We were at peak oil a couple of years ago, but the Chinese have reduced demand, and new oil fields have been discovered. The high oil prices over here reduced our consumption.

I subscribe to National Geographic magazine which discusses this problem in the latest (April 2017) issue.
Plagiarising and summarising Nat Geo's comments:

Approx. 8 million tonnes of plastic enters the oceans per year. Most of this originates from China, the Philippines and Indonesia.

The main problem is developing countries where there are rising middle class populations along coastlines. Spending and consumption has increased, but waste management has not.
California voters supported a statewide ban on plastic bags on 2016. Indonesia is more aware of the problem and making moves to address it. The tide may be turning.

One possible approach to tackling it - plastic eating worms:

http://news.stanford.edu/pr/2015/pr-worms-digest-plastics-092915.html

More recently, the larvae from the wax moth (the wax worm) has been found to eat polythene.
https://www.theguardian.com/science...ld-help-wage-war-on-waste-galleria-mellonella

Now all they would need is a marine equivalent to the larvae of these. Although the amount needed would seriously alter the ecology of the ocean in the process.

Also of course, there is much work to do to work out what effect the by-product will have and how it effects the food-chain.

"That enzyme converted polyethylene into ethylene glycol, a chemical commonly used in antifreeze. Bertocchini hopes to identify the precise enzymes that break down polyethylene in future work."
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...plastic-polyethylene-trash-pollution-cleanup/

Last edited:
so u don't know then ??
Not for sure, not without actually following the skip truck no. They (the skip company) are a recognised recycling company so as much of their waste as possible is recycled. Would you like me to find out exactly where it ends up?

Not for sure, not without actually following the skip truck no. They (the skip company) are a recognised recycling company so as much of their waste as possible is recycled. Would you like me to find out exactly where it ends up?

yes please .

Sponsored Links
Back