80mph limit on motorways.

so no need to talk about the human brain coping with 350mph (which it can,funnily enough,try the MIG-25 or the SR-71 as simple examples...)

When did you last see one of those lane changing on the motorway?

You are wrong and you know it.

The human is the weak link, and the way you are carrying on is like the 'missing link'.
apart from the insult !! :rolleyes:

i think we're agreeing, although you refuse to accept my point... !!!

humans are very much the problem... they have a limit to their capabilities.. and hence they are the problem - not the speed differential !!!

Sponsored Links
I think even though we have shown the proposed increase is actually "unofficially" in place now and people are not dying every second. We are not ever going to have the last word here as Joe started the thread and obviously believes it was a remit to be made law and will refuse any argument against.
Hence the insults flowing.

Many already drive above the 70 limit on motorways now.

I often drive down both the M1 and the M40. Generally i average 80-85mph. More often than not sat in the middle lane passing lorries. Fortunately my brain can handle this crazy speed differential :rolleyes: i must be a trained fighter pilot or something :D

There is nothing to suggest that 80mph will cause more accidents, speed is rarely the cause of accidents.
MPG does not decrease by 20%, i get identical mpg whether i drive at 70 or 80.

i have done a lot of m-way driving... both commuting to work, and a social situation which meant much driving on the m-way after midnight.

firstly commuting - the volume of traffic determines the speed of the traffic. And at night it's great to get your foot down... my preferred speed is 95mph. but i will never ever use my phone whilst driving, and i'm constantly checking mirrors and surrounding vehicles....i distrust all of them !!

Sponsored Links
On the motorbikes we generally cruise @ 110 on our little journeys out.
Of course a few do go off a bit faster but its their choice, why else can the bikes do 190 :D

i have read several posts here about speed differential between lanes of course its important but we are throwing several scenariouse without thought to the way people react
adding 10mph will have an effect on all the problems off driving on a motorway but not a lot if you average 10mph over 3 lanes its 3mph
of course hgvs are going to to 56-58mph over lane 1 or 2 with other traffic working in accordingly
people by there make up will throw several thousand layers off reaction within the legal speed and what they wish to travel at
in the general plan off things 80 mph is a very small differential
people are often assuming people will increase there speed by 10 mph in general they wont they will simply continue what they are doing and maybe occasionally add a few mph on a long journey feeling a bit more relaxed
the interaction between motorists will be minimal

90 will become the new 80. Crashing at 90 means more deaths. Less reaction time, longer stopping distances. Greater differential speeds between motorists. More accidents. It's pretty obvious really. It won't happen anyway. It's just proposed to stop Labour offering it as an election sweetener at the next election. No government can allow a 20% increase on emmisions.

I think even though we have shown the proposed increase is actually "unofficially" in place now and people are not dying every second. We are not ever going to have the last word here as Joe started the thread and obviously believes it was a remit to be made law and will refuse any argument against.
Hence the insults flowing.

Do you really think it'll stay the same? 80 will become 90. Let's dump the limit altogether eh?

On the motorbikes we generally cruise @ 110 on our little journeys out.
Of course a few do go off a bit faster but its their choice, why else can the bikes do 190 :D

Why are you so determined to prove to the world that you are an idiot?

Actually, you are just an unemployed dreamer anyway, that lives off benefits.:rolleyes:

The human body is incapable of traveling at speeds as high as 80 and anyone wishing to drive at such furious speeds should be forced to have a man with a flag running in front of the vehicle.... Outrageous!

Sponsored Links
Back