873,784 vaccinated in a day

because you said something untrue, and I want to see if it is because you made a mistake.

seemingly not.

Sponsored Links
Oh dear usual disingenuous stuff about truths. Reflects rather badly I am afraid but not on this poster. May be you celebrate how well UK is doing?

The UK has exported the know how equipment etc

and has un like the EU not stopped any export

the scoundrels have got some beer and sandwiches meeting this week about banning the export out of the EU to any where

Sponsored Links
Ok look at the graph at post 7. EU 40 odd million the UK 10 million odd. Your grasp of maths seems to be a weak point. But that was not the point of the post it was about how well we have done as I asked why don't you celebrate what we have achieved?

The EU have exported nowt

the actual facts are that private companies with in Europe have exported to honour signed contracts around the world

it’s a bit like saying the EU send i
Us BMW cars or Some other such goods or central heating boilers

load of baloney and a total distortion of the actual alletare

Ok look at the graph at post 7. EU 40 odd million the UK 10 million odd. Your grasp of maths seems to be a weak point. But that was not the point of the post it was about how well we have done as I asked why don't you celebrate what we have achieved?
That graph shows where the EU exports went,to be honest though it's not very clear.

You may well have a point but I started the post to show how well we have done and the usual suspects start off on their usual rant. The data was not offered by myself. As I have asked repeatedly why do they not celebrate what we have achieved?

As has been said countless times, we haven't exported any because we are only producing enough for our needs ( and in fact we don't even produce that much, as we still need to be reliant on small quantity of imports), the rate is between 5 & 8 million per month.

We only have 1 plant producing, the EU have 2, and a third on the way.

America also aren't exporting vaccines but they are exporting materials (same as UK)

Interesting link

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-what-is-happening-with-britains-vaccine-supply

The UK plant like it's European plants aren't getting near their target delivery figures, the UK just aren't jumping and shouting about it, instead the UK is knuckling down and planning through it.

Unlike others....

The vaccine we get from the EU is mostly the Pfizer and I think it was around 10 million has come from them, they don't have a factory elsewhere and they have a contract with the UK to supply a certain amount.

Pfizer has requested the EU does not block the export of their vaccine to the UK incase the UK retaliate and ban the export of lipids for which they rely heavily on and would stop their production.

I'd like to think the UK wouldn't be this petty and will be the bigger man,

Apparently the UK have requested AZ doses from the Halix plant which is currently not approved for the EU but is approved for the UK, the Halix site is in the UK'S contract as one of the supply sites. The EU have disallowed this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/uk.fin.../news/eu-rebuffs-uk-calls-ship-210243298.html

This is an interesting article from last year, turns out our government was right not to join the EU on vaccine supply, and even more so based on the actual reasons we didn't join. They told the UK we would have no say in the procurement of and would not be invited to the table for discussion, essentially it was going to to be the EU way or the highway. So the UK chose the highway.

www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-politics-53361906

my favourite is the last 2 statements from opposition leaders, bet they are back peddling now...:

Reacting to reports the UK was not going to join the EU scheme, Lib Dem leadership hopeful Layla Moran tweeted: "Walking away from the EU vaccines scheme is putting ideology ahead of public health."

And Labour MP Bell Ribeiro-Addy tweeted: "By refusing to join the EU's vaccine scheme, the government is yet again putting ideology before saving lives."

Last edited:
You may well have a point but I started the post to show how well we have done and the usual suspects start off on their usual rant. The data was not offered by myself. As I have asked repeatedly why do they not celebrate what we have achieved?
Yes i know,good news is often drowned out on here by the same handful of posters.(y)

I certainly do celebrate the achievement of the UKs vaccine programme.

The vaccine centres and all those volunteers have done a fantastic job.

Despite the EUs big mistakes it has made on the vaccines, I do feel concerned for the citizens in European countries, a third wave is starting and more people will die. I really hope European politicians improve their public massaging and increase vaccine take up

Thank you Notch - this is not the time to isolate. The EU have not done well but lets help all to achieve, the only way to beat Covid is mass vaccination and that is not defined by borders. We have done well and continue to when we have completed our programme lets help as many as we can.

when we have completed our programme lets help as many as we can.

That is exactly the plan, we have 2 further production sites scheduled to come on later in the year, these are planned to deliver to the rest of the world.

I'm still amazed were getting millions of vaccines shipped in from India. We've gotten our high risk people covered, we can afford to go a bit slower for the lower risk ones and let other nations get their 50+s protected.

Then again I can say that as I've had my shots.

Sponsored Links
Back