a fine ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Earlier today a car overtook me on the speeding lines and the speeding camera flashed. I was riding my moped at the time and it only goes 34 mph top speed. Are the cameras so clever that they will detect that it was only the car that was speeding :?: :eek: or will i have to prove i cant speed if i wanted to :confused:

BTW it was 30 mph limit

Sponsored Links
As breezer has said, a messurement is taken from the two frames and this determines the distance traveled and resulting speed.

Anyway camaras often flash and no photos are taken as film is full, though i think they are in the process of changing these :rolleyes:

Where I live the lines are behind the camera.

Sponsored Links
How does the camera get such a wide angle. I always thought a bus or lorry would block the line of sight...

Depending on where you ride your moped, 34 is enough to land you a NIP on your mat.

If you go through and get flashed once this is the camera performing self test. happens even if you go through below the limit. Two flashes are a recorded image.

As mentioned takes two images and will be quite clear who is speeding.

Gatso cameras work on film however these are now being replaced with "Monitron" which are directly linked to the ANPR database and will issue your letter imediatly and will be in the post and on your mat within 14days. The road markings are the same as Gatso's however the Monitrons have smaller Cameras and mounted on higher posts. Monitrons work off induction loops embedded in the road, Gatso rely on radar.

Monitrons are also being posistioned at T.L's and will clock you through a red AND speeding through the junction. Have seen a camera mounted near by flash many people speeding through the junction on a green light.

The + X mph factor is completly down to the posistion/location of the camera and police force.

You should be ok if someone was overtaking you...

securespark said:
Depending on where you ride your moped, 34 is enough to land you a NIP on your mat.
Your moped cannot do more than 30mph..it`s designed not to exceed 30 ;) ;) :LOL:

Nige F said:
securespark said:
Your moped cannot do more than 30mph..it`s designed not to exceed 30 ;) ;) :LOL:

He must have one of those souped-up 'peds, modified with latest engine from Braun.

Deluks said:
Nige F said:
securespark said:

He must have one of those souped-up 'peds, modified with latest engine from Braun.

you can take the Michael, but its been de- restricted and can reach 36 mph full power :LOL:

poshman said:
Deluks said:
Nige F said:
securespark said:

you can take the Michael, but its been de- restricted and can reach 36 mph full power :LOL:

Now THAT's 'Zoom-Zoom'! :LOL:

poshman said:
Deluks said:
Nige F said:
securespark said:

Are you one of those Domino Pizza Suicide riders? :evil:

Just a thought but......
You need a DRIVING Licence to DRIVE a car
Shouldn't you need a RIDING Licence to RIDE a motorbike? :?:

dave

yes they are that clever

and even if they are not you can appeal if you get a tug you can prove you didnt break the limit.

Sponsored Links
Back